My wife and I made reservations to stay at the Sheraton Hotel and Resort on Cable Beach beginning Dec 12, 2013. But around the first of December we received an email notifying us that the property was no longer part of Starwood Preferred and the Sheraton banner was discontinued, replaced by Melia. Good news is Melia honored our room rate with no problem. In fact, check-in was smooth taking us less than 10 minutes (we were third in que). Our room was ready upon arrival, around 1500. Our room appeared to have been recently renovated but it was comfortable and quite clean with a spectacular ocean view. The entire staff was quite cordial and helpful; room service was prompt (15% gratuity included in your check). However, the food, while not bad, was nothing out of the ordinary, perhaps due to the change in ownership. No issues about safety and even though there was on-going construction, the sound of it was never noticeable. Melia lacks a business office and provided only two desktops for internet access. Unless you don't mind giving away money to your mobile phone company, I'd recommend you turn it off and avoid outrageous roaming and data charges. Finally, if you like casino life, there's one next door at the Crystal Palace which was open between 4pm and midnight (perhaps because it wasn't quite high season?) Our only "complaint" was that the bathroom's hotwater for the face-bowl was nothing more than lukewarm. Now the shower water ran quite hot, no problem there! Would I stay again? Yes. But we plan to be at the opening of Bahamar next year.
Two big points to mention. On the positive, Bahamar is the next great thing being developed next door to Melia and Crystal Palace. Bahamar is a $3.2B complex that will include a Mandarin, Grand Hyatt, waterpark, the largest casino (two stories) in the Caribbean, and a Jack Nicklaus championship golf course opening Dec 2014. Atlantis needs the competition. On the negative, a new Value Added Tax (VAT) has been proposed for locals, residents and businesses. Everyone we spoke to detests the new VAT.
If you haven't been to Nassau of late, a new international terminal has been opened. Entering the country was painless but leaving was simply unprecedented. Melia is approx. 15 min from the airport; the taxi ride to the airport took longer than clearing customs!! We arrived 2 hours prior to our scheduled departure but it only took us 8 minutes to clear customs. And BTW, we checked our bags and received boarding passes within 10 minutes of arriving. Mind you we were traveling on a Sunday (Dec 15th) and our flight was full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Nassau Beach All-Inclusive is located right on the stunning Cable Beach with 694 Guestrooms/32 Suites just a few minutes from the center, shops, restaurants, nightspots and Lynden Pindling International Airport. Enjoy yourself at our 3 spectacular pools with waterfalls facing the sea, 2 hydro-massage tubs, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine in 7 dining venues/4 bars featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. ACCOMMODATIONS: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, The Level Junior Suite, One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite, Two Bedrooms Ocean Front Suite and the Presidential Suite, stay at our comfortable accommodations with stunning views of the ocean, pools or resort gardens, perfect for a romantic getaway. Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi everywhere, even at the Beach. Stay fit with our FREE 24-hour fully equipped gym or join the fun with our full activities/entertainment program, shows and live music. In addition, enjoy extra privileges for guests staying at The Level such as exclusive areas, FREE room service and much more. For the youngest the Resort features a Kids Pool and Kids’ Club. *Operating as an inclusive resort as of December 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive Bahamas