“Best conch fritters and Sky Juice!”

McKenzie's Fresh Fish and Conch
Ranked #35 of 369 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Bahamian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Also saw some amazing conch salad being made but was too full. Also had fried grouper which was good as well.
Prices are great. Tiny place.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (225)

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Good place to eat local seafood. Much better value than the food at the high end hotels.
Conch salad is as fresh as can be.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Visited Nassau and ate at McKenzie's over the bridge. It is a nice spot to eat authentic Bahamian food and hang out with the locals. The conch salad was delicious! They have awesome chicken wings,too. No complaints during that trip. A few months later during another trip to Nassau, I tried the McKenzie's in Marina Village and ordered the tropical conch salad. Let me tell you it was THE BEST CONCH SALAD I HAVE EVER TASTED! Too bad not even a few hours later I was vomiting all over the place due to food poisoning. My sister ate the same thing and also got sick. We were sick for our whole vacation and even a few days after we returned home. I was so disappointed because I really love conch salad.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2020

Walked over from Atlantis. This is a very traditional Bahamian conch shack where locals rub elbows with tourists - lots of them. As I understand it McKenzie himself is cutting up the conch at the front of the restaurant. Even for a small shack though - its not so clean, the service is not overly friendly, I ordered fried fish and it was almost more bones than meat - I guess they give the foolish tourists the bad parts of the fish. Just okay. I'm not so crazy about fresh cracked conch that I'd have to return, but you should go just to see it even if you don't eat there.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Ate here based on reviews that looked appealing. Walked across the bridge. It’s located in the local bar area. It feels a little sketchy so be aware if going with family. It is very minimalist so dress accordingly.

The place is tiny. Seats about 15-20. It’s filthy as well. The area where they prepare the food is highly questionable. They couldn’t serve in the US.

Service was fair. We were treated ok. After wiping down the entire booth we ordered conch salad, fritters, fries for the kids, burger, and fried snapper. They had no conch other than fritters, no lobster, no burger. Fish was miraculously ready. It was fried to jerky level and was small with little meat. Fries were real potato and cut there but were soggy. We cancelled the rest of the order and left.

I wouldn’t go back.