Islandz Tours - Cultural Walking Tours of Downtown Nassau
Nassau Beer Tasting and Food Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 11 Food & Drink in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Islandz Tours guides visitors through downtown Nassau’s rich historic passageways, hidden architectural treasures, art galleries, and street murals painted by local Bahamian and international artists. Our mission is to provide a vibrant image of the culture and heritage of The Bahamas in a captivating, informative, and authentic way. We offer a variety of daily tours to choose from, and incorporate light refreshments and adequate rest stops along the way. All guides are local Nassuvians, certified by The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism’s Bahama Host Program, and absolutely love to share their island city with its visitors.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I did the Rum Runners Tour as a part of the day we spent walking around Nassau. We were looking for something to do outside of the resorts and had a really great time. Orchid, our guide, was really great. She was a very informative guide and provided a great amount of history and local context to the tour. Had I paid attention to how many rums there would be for us to try (a first world problem if there ever was one), I might have signed up for the afternoon tour so that I would have eaten first. It really was a great experience walking around some of the historic neighborhoods and seeing the chocolate factory and the rum distillery. Orchid was also very thoughtful as she brought a gluten-free snack for my wife to eat since she could not eat the rum cake (there was a space for writing in dietary restrictions on the booking form) I look forward to returning and experiencing another of Islandz Tours' offerings.

1  Thank TravelingTrophy
Orchid B, Manager at Islandz Tours - Cultural Walking Tours of Downtown Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for posting, TravelingTrophy! It was wonderful to have you join us on the Rum-Runner's Passage tour and certainly no inconvenience to accommodate your wife's dietary restriction! We do our very best to ensure that all of our guests are thoroughly engaged and can participate fully on our tours! We look forward to the possibility of seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I were looking for something different to do in Nassau and stumbled on Islandz tours. We did the Rum runners tour with Orchid as our guide. It was outstanding!
From the rum tasting, to the art gallery, (Even met the artist Antonius Roberts), touring Greycliff and trying their chocolates. Then to top it of was the distillery tour and tasting at Watlings.
Orchid did a great job keeping it fun, yet still was able to convey a lot of Bahamian history.
We felt the overall cost of the afternoon was money well spent.
Next trip maybe bite and booze avenue tour!

Hi Gerald! Thank you for your review of Rum-Runner's Passage. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests find our product a great deal for their dollar! I'm pleased, too, that you were able to meet with Antonius, and get a taste of our awesome art community here in the Bahamas! Do let us know the next time you're in town as we would love to host you on our Bites on Booze Avenue Tour!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Orchid was our guide and her knowledge of Bahamian history, rapport with local artists and vendors added to our experience on this tour. We enjoyed our travails through the grounds of Graycliff and eating their specialty chocolates, as well as our introduction to John Watling's distillary, their rums and a special cocktail! Orchid even had some guava rum cake (courtesy of a friend) for us to snack on...we so want the recipe for that!

Orchid B, Manager at Islandz Tours - Cultural Walking Tours of Downtown Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Hi dwebb33! Thank you so much for your glowing review of Islandz Tours. It was certainly my pleasure to meet and host you on our Rum-Runner's Passage Tour! Unfortunately, the secrets of the guava rum cake cannot be revealed but I suspect that you are already working on your own tasty version! Thanks again for your post and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

For a memorable and different take on Nassau's tourist-trod downtown core, I wholeheartedly recommend Islandz tours. We did the rum running historical walk, featuring locally made rums, along Bay Street - the touristic and (in the past) bootlegging epicentre of the country. I live here in Nassau, and I learned so much about our nation's rich history - the former life of our town that is not readily apparent in day to day life here. Our tourgide, Orchid, was extremely professional and well-versed in the colourful tales of the prohibition era, complete with photos of the bootleggers, their vessels, and their incredible stories. If you are visiting Nassau there is no more authentic travel experience you can have than to immerse yourself in Bahamian culture - in addition to the bootlegging tour they also have a history walkabout and an introduction to the surprisingly diverse works of art by local artists. This tour was worth every penny (and you are supporting a Bahamian venture, as opposed to a foreign-owned hotel, etc.). I cannot wait to take visitors on another of Islandz Tours!

Thank you for your review John T! We cannot wait to host your other visitors at Islandz Tours! It was certainly our pleasure to have you join us on the Bites on Booze Avenue tour. It is always wonderful to have Bahamians on our tour and share with them all the wonderful stories that tend to get lost in the annals of our history. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I went on Islandz Tours new "Bites and Booze Avenue" tour! I have never been on a tour before that fuses a great nightlife experience with great history info. While having a fun nightlife experience you learn so much about Nassau's rich history.This is such an amazing and unique experience. I am a local and I not only recommend this tour to visitors but also to fellow Bahamians. Its a new and refreshing night outing to do in Nassau with your significant other or group of friends. Our tour guides Jaime and Orchid made it such a relax and entertaining environment. You enjoy great eats and rum from top Nassau pubs and a cafe. Each place you visit you try new culinary delights and finest of rum! I don't usually write reviews but this tour was so great I had to. It was so great I didn't wanted to leave our last location. If your a local or visitor, I strongly recommend you try it, I guarantee you wont regret it!

Hi Lavado S,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful and energetic review. We're so happy that you were able to join us on one of our first Bites on Booze Avenue tours. We hope that this new tour will be able to strike the perfect balance between history, culture, food, rum & adventure! Thanks again for joining us and we hope to see you again soon!

Travelers who viewed Islandz Tours - Cultural Walking Tours of Downtown Nassau also viewed

Nassau, New Providence Island

Been to Islandz Tours - Cultural Walking Tours of Downtown Nassau? Share your experiences!