“Walking Thru History” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nassau Rum and Food Walking Tour
Ranked #3 of 10 Food & Drink in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Islandz Tours guides visitors through downtown Nassau’s rich historic passageways, hidden architectural treasures, art galleries, and street murals painted by local Bahamian and international artists. Our mission is to provide a vibrant image of the culture and heritage of The Bahamas in a captivating, informative, and authentic way. We offer a variety of daily tours to choose from, and incorporate light refreshments and adequate rest stops along the way. All guides are local Nassuvians, certified by The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism’s Bahama Host Program, and absolutely love to share their island city with its visitors.
Chilliwack, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Walking Thru History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We are staying with friends who currently live in Nassau...our host had recommended this tour and arranged for us to go on it...what a great way to learn about the history of the Bahamas, and Nassau in particular. Our tour guide, Maria, had an impressive knowledge of the history associated with the various buildings/sites we saw and was always able to answer our questions. An excellent walking tour, and well worth the cost...looking forward to doing the Rum Tour soon

Visited August 2013

The Villages, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Outstanding art tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We (my mother, sister and myself) booked a walking art tour through islandztours.com since we wanted a feel for the local artists. Our tour guide,Orchid, was absolutely wonderful. Her knowledge of the local art work and artists made this a must do tour! We visited several outside murals, two local galleries and the National Art Museum. Orchid's narrative at each stop gave us a very interesting insight into the local art scene.I understand that islandztours offer several other tours and if they are as good as this one was, I urge you to take one. We enjoyed the tour and highly recommend it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LKCPennsylvania
north carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fun and different way to explore Nassau!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our family of four choose this tour to do as a shore excursion from our cruise. We were met right on time by Maria and had a wonderful time. Maria was very knowledgable- not only about the history of rum runners, but about the Bahamas in general. We enjoyed the walking tour and felt like we saw a part of Nassau that we wouldn't have seen otherwise. We tasted some delicious samples of chocolate, rum cake and rum punch along the way, too!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank boonegirl
Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tour and Great Guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great tour with fun and educational guides. A great way to learn about the history and culture of Nassau, that you won't find at the resorts or beaches.

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Palmyra, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome way to spend the day in Nassau!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband booked 2 tours with Islandz Tours, 'Monuments and Memories' and 'Rum Runner's'. Not being much into history I wasn't too thrilled about these tours and knew if I made it through the first one, I'd at least get some rum on the second. I was extremely surprised by how much I enjoyed both tours! Staying at Atlantis, I looked forward to much to the second tour we did because it was getting away from the tourist traps and experiencing Nassau along with learning about some of the history. Our guide, Jamie was extremely knowledgeable and on the rare occasion he was unsure of an answer, he made a note to do some research to find out. I expected to be exhausted because of these being walking tours, but it was just the right amount of walking coupled with visiting a few air conditioned areas along the tour. It was also great because both tours it was my family of 4 and our guide, so we were able to stop and check things out and spend as much time as we wanted to look at different things. The Rum Runners tour was also enjoyable in itself because of learning about the different aspects, how it's made, quality, history with the Bahamas, etc... I can say without a doubt, my family will recommend this to anyone visiting Nassau and if we get the chance to visit again, we will definitely be booking again.

Visited June 2013

Travelers who viewed Islandz Tours - Cultural Walking Tours of Downtown Nassau also viewed

Nassau, New Providence Island
Nassau, New Providence Island

Been to Islandz Tours - Cultural Walking Tours of Downtown Nassau? Share your experiences!