“Best and most reasonably priced pizza and other Italian food in Nassau!”

Spritz Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #33 of 283 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Best and most reasonably priced pizza and other Italian food in Nassau!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Spritz is in Sandy Port on a canal at the site of the former Oyster Bar. The chef, Cicio, was the chef at the defunct Zio Gigi's in the former Hurricane Hole on Paradise Island. Spritz's margherita pizza, with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil, is our hands-down favorite and has the added benefit of being the most reasonably priced. However, you certainly are not limited to pizza, although that is our preferred lunch. The dinner menu will surprise you both in its variety and in its excellent and generous preparation.You may dine indoors or out, but there is no air conditioning. However, there is usually enough of a breeze, especially if you choose to sit outdoors under the tent on the water, that you don't need A/C. Also, I cannot say enough about the staff. They are so friendly, warm, and laid back, just what you want when you're on vacation!

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Odenton, Maryland, United States
“Great transformation”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Spritz is a great transition from the Oyster Bar. The burger & the pizza were great. Awesome waterfront view.

• Visited July 2013
“Casual Dining”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Spritz is easy casual dining. Ok it's the closest place to my house but the atmosphere is great. Sitting right by and over the water on a quiet evening makes for a relaxing evening. If lucky you will see the spotted eagle rays swimming in the canal. Service is excellent and the food well presented and cooked. A good choice

• Visited July 2013
Nassau, New Providence Island
“They handle upsets very well- Worth it.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

It's a lovely little restaurant on the canal in Sandy Port. The service here is quite good. Usually everyone is very friendly and polite. The burger is truly one of the best I've ever had.

Once, my boyfriend and I went to eat there and it was about 30 mins to closing. I guess the chef just wanted to get out of there because he literally threw together our pastas and left. The supposedly cheesy pasta my bf got was dry as I don't know what and tasteless. My Fruti de Mare pasta was hot but with very little sauce, dry and I told the waiter before hand that I wanted it saucy. When he went to take it back, he came back out a bit embarasssed and was like I'm so sorry but the chef has left. I said well that was literally 30 secs ago that you brought the food out?!?! Where did he go in 30 secs? My bf told him to take his pasta away because he didn't want it like that it was horrible. I was so hungry I decided to keep mine.

One of the head waiters came over and apologized profusely and actually went into the kitchen and made me the best vodka cream sauce I have ever tasted. He just whipped up something and it was awesome. He brought it to the table pipping hot with my pasta and apologized again saying please try this and tell me if it's to your liking. He was so very nice, I'm mad now that I didn't get his name. They took my bf's pasta off the check and comped us our drinks.

It's things like this that makes Spritz a lil gem on the water. There are only about three tables on the upper deck inside right on the water so if you can get one of those it's quite romantic. There is also a deck on the outside but mostly people sit out there and drink. I prefer indoors.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sania J
“Never disappointing”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We live near this restaurant and visit at least once a month. We have never been disappointed. The pizza is excellent, the burger is the best on the island and the pasta is delicious. Be sure to make a reservation to eat there on the weekends.

• Visited May 2013