5 Days before taking our holiday Cameron from the resort rang us at home to ensure all was OK for the holiday and was there anything we needed to know, needed and what time we were due to arrive. Arrived on time to find rooms already for us (before official room ready time). We havd a wonderful time. The beach was a little debris covered at times, but the sea was always warm and clean. The sun shone almost everyday, all day. The resort although clean and nice, seems a little untidy around the edges and dated, but all works well. Nice inland beach and water for when the sea beach is untidy or too windy, or you need a little cover from the sun.
The resort never seemed busy, although most rooms seemed to be full. The sea beach was never busy, at times we were alone.
Provence Restaurant on site is excellant although expensive. The Bouilibaise is exceptional (but done order a starter as it is so filling).
Oyster bar is also good value.
Take the powerboat trip and the Stuart Cove snorkel trip. These are well worth it. Feed the stingrays and swim with the sharks.
Nassau is good for jewellry and watch shopping, and eat out at Arawak key on a weekend night at Seafood Haven. We travelled on the Jitney bus for $1(good value). Had an evening via free bus out at the Casino also.
We would stay again at Sandyport without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandyport Beach Resort in Nassau, Bahamas is known for its tranquility, where rest and relaxation amid the tropical landscape takes you into island time. A quiet retreat ideally located in the luxury Sandyport Marina Village approximately 3 miles away from Nassau International Airport and minutes away from Cable Beach.The resorts pastel colored villas of 72 rooms surround a marina linked by a Grand Canal to the sea. The architecture is inspired by the Georgian Colonial architecture of historic Bahamas and all rooms are appointed with modern conveniences. The Signature room, The Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, is your home away from home with full kitchen and living/dining room with queen size sofa bed separate from the master bedroom with king size bed, Jacuzzi bath and view of the canal or lagoon beach. There are multiple room types available though with everything from a Hotel bedroom, Studio, one, two or three bedroom suites.The resort includes two ocean beaches a short walk from the rooms, a lagoon beach, and three swimming pools including one large pool with a gentle sand edge. The kiddie pool has 2 fun water slides. A tennis court and half basketball court are also on-site. Wireless Internet access is free in the rooms and public areas. Guests can use a computer in the lobby with complimentary high-speed Internet access during office hours. Guests also have discounted use of a nearby fitness centre. While you may find yourself getting lost in the privacy and tranquility of the Resort itself, at Sandyport you can have the best of all worlds - be as quiet as you want, or as active as you want, with the dining and shopping options of The Sandyport Marina Village on the Resort's doorstep and a superb range of activities that can be organized through the front desk. The resort has a limited number of rooms that are handicapped accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandyport Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Resort
- Sandyport Resort
- Sandyport Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau