1,164 results
All reviews lady sarah blue sail sandy port twisted lime vernon moss news cafe restaurants within walking distance full kitchen poop deck downtown nassau home away from home fish fry private beach paradise island cable beach close to the airport relaxing vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed November 29, 2016

The room large comfortable kitchen put to good use ( Restaurants many good restaurants like News cafe for sandwiches, green parrot on east bay just before the bridge Poop deck at sandyport Poop deck at east bay just after the bridge Athena ,

Room tip: Can be like a three bedroom apartment or single room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at Sandyport Beach Resort. The rooms were nice and clean, but a bit worn. The staff was very friendly and helpful with giving ideas of places to see and beaches to visit. The area was not crowded, it is not the busy season yet, but I understand it will be crowded after Thanksgiving. Make sure to get breakfast or a private meal catered on the beach by Chef Cleveland, the meals were scrumptious! The rooms were made up daily and fresh linens were given, if needed. This is the place to stay if you want to be away from the center of town, have restaurants and stores within walking distance, and have a bus or taxi ride to all the parks and snorkeling spots on the island.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

Although the staff were very friendly , this resort is VERY TIRED. The walls in the rooms are paper thin and you can hear everything in the neighboring rooms. The buildings have rotting wood and the pool needs a total overhaul. When we asked where we could get breakfast, they directed us to the pool bar; it was a shack and one I would not eat from.
The setting seems nice, but I would not return. For $200 a night, there are plenty of other resorts much nicer.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Patty V
Reviewed November 13, 2016

I've been a fan of the Sandyport Beaches Resort for over 15 years. I continue to enjoy its very beautiful, private and serene location. In addition, the staff (both inside and outside the reception offices) are extremely attentive, friendly, accommodating, and personal. They provide excellent services and the bar/chef on site, Chef Cleveland, is a wonderful addition with his never-ending humor and conversation. Lady Sarah is my absolute favorite as she manages the resort and always looks out for the guests in every way possible. Cab services are available on the spot and the drivers are friendly and helpful. You don't get the sense that you're getting ripped off for anything. Be sure to also go into the Fish Fry eatery area and try Oh Andros. The best Caribbean food in town!
Overall, this is my favorite place to visit when I'm in the Bahamas. I should add that it took a little hit on the beach areas due to the recent Hurricane Matthew. We had to find another favorite spot to sunbathe which was fine because all of the property is comfortable with nice lounge chairs, tables, etc. Just beautiful right on the beach. They are also taking great steps to update the rooms. Our 3-bedroom unit was amazing (unit #s 414, 415, 416).
My only complaint is that the wireless service was not that great which we figured was a result of the recent storms. Other than that, if you're looking for a fun, safe, sunny place with its own private beautiful beach, this is the place for you.

We will definitely be returning next year as well. Enjoy!

Room tip: Units numbers 414, 415 and 416 offer easy access to the beach bar and pools.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Michele L
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Sandyport offers a number of different types of accommodation, mine had a beach right outside the back door. Extremely well fitted and with kitchen to do your own thing if you want to. Three restaurants and bars within walking distance and supermarket nearby. The staff are friendly and he whole resort has an air of relaxation. Hurricane Matthew disrupted my stay but the company moved me to a more hurricane proof hotel at their expanse and the whole thing was very painless. I look forward to an undisturbed stay next time.

Date of stay: September 2016