“A Great Place if You Want a Low Key Vacation”

Sandyport Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place was exactly what we were looking for to celebrate a major anniversary. Beautiful deluxe 1 bedroom suite facing the lagoon with a walkout from our living room, a 5 minute walk to the ocean, a full kitchen that we used extensively, a 2 person jacuzzi in the bedroom with a king size bed and really nice pool to laze away the hours and peace and quiet. Only small complaints were poor wireless internet service from their provider, and advertised entertainment that was not existent on the Sunday night. Also good value for the money as compared to other lodgings in Nassau. Other bonus was the bus that runs downtown during the day for $1.25. We really didn't need to rent a car.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe 1 bedroom facing the lagoon. Just perfect for a couples getaway
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank impkokay
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear impkokay,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for sharing such a major anniversary with us. We are so pleased that we were exactly what you were looking for and that we offered good value. I completely agree with you on the Deluxe One Bedroom Suite. It is our signature room with many added features like the kitchen and Jacuzzi. We shall work on the internet. Thank you for sharing all of your excellent tips.

I hope that you have sand in your shoes and will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, however the only downfall is that a shuttle bus is only available on Sunday only for one hour to go grocery shopping. Other than that we enjoyed our stay, and the staff was very friendly which was a plus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank briggit07

Dear Elizabeth728,

We are so pleased that you “had a good time” with us at Sandyport Beaches Resort and thank you for writing a review.

We shall certainly look at the frequency of our Shuttle Bus. For the benefit of other readers we offer a weekly complimentary grocery store shuttle bus which is a great opportunity to stock up on groceries for the week. The Food Store is at the edge of the Sandyport development and within walking distance. We also have nightly complimentary shuttles to the Cable Beach Casino.

Thank you for complementing our “very friendly staff”. We love making our guests happy. We hope to welcome you back to Sandyport in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Sandyport Beaches resort is an RCI property and they offer the vacant rooms while it's not reserved by RCI members.. This place is not a hotel so do not expect the the same amenities that you would expect from a hotel. The room I stayed in had a kitchenette which is quite convenient. However the sink is obstructed by a wall so it makes it quite uncomfortable to use.

The location is ok for a quiet vacation and they have a large pool which night need some attention.

The housekeeping people doesn't replace the complementary coffee and bathroom supplied daily like you would expect.. I even arrived 3 out of the 8 days I stayed there to find my room in the same condition I left it. They just didn't show up to clean the room! I complained to the front desk and they just didn't care..

Sound isolation doesn't exist between the rooms... I was staying next to a family with small kids and were forced to listen to them crying, laughing, complaining and playing!

If you are a professional traveler who rely on an decent internet connection, stay away from this place as far as possible... They offer a 3rd party WiFi internet in the rooms but in the room I got i just couldn't connect at all.. The front desk staff is very uncooperative in resolving my problems and just passed me on to the 3rd party internet company who in turn just don't seem to care as well. After a big struggle I managed to change my room to another that are not located in a dead-spot.. Then I discovered that even with a strong WiFi signal the 3rd party company have many restrictions on the connection that basically render it useless. For the high price they charge you should expect a LOT more... On top of that the connection is down most the time. The speed test I performed showed a internet down speed of 80kb/s.. that's just ridiculous in today's world..

There is a small village center at the entrance of the hotel which is within walking distance but I didn't find anything useful there... I always have a rental car but for someone on vacation without a rental car it might be difficult because there aren't many interesting things close by other than the small beach.

Room Tip: internet service is not usable at all. if you require internet look for alternative accommodation.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Paul L,
I am very sorry that your stay did not meet yours or our expectations. We are not permitted to request guests to contact us on tripadvisor, however, I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to set things right.

We are affiliated with RCI and are very proud to be an RCI Silver Crown resort. Vacation Club resorts tend to have longer stay guests and do tend to be more limited in terms of housekeeping services etc. We love our vacation club side because our members and their guests become family. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and an environment where our guests create memories year after year. We also have primarily suites on property with kitchen facilities giving room amenities that you tend not to find elsewhere.

Our hotel guests are certainly not secondary in fact we are more a hotel than a vacation club with hotel guests visiting us from the world over. We are a smaller resort with 72 suites. Many of our guests love the tranquil atmosphere that we provide. We do offer daily housekeeping services as part of our nightly room rate. Some businesses take advantage of our weekly rates which include more limited services. I do apologize if we made an error on the frequency of housekeeping included in your rate.

We do not have room service but Dominos, Sabarros and the local Chinese deliver to your room. FoodStore2go.com will stock your fridge for your arrival. There is the Beach Club Café, Twisted Lime, Spritz, News Café, and the Poop Deck all in Sandyport. Chef Clevland offers a unique pool side personal chef experience that is remarkably excellent value.

Some of our rooms are interconnecting and I apologize that this was a problem in terms of sound. We do hope that you will try us again when visiting Nassau. Please let reservations know to provide you with a studio in building 5 or 6 as these studio rooms are independent and ,consequently, will not have the noise issue that you experienced.

I am very sorry that you had difficulty with the internet connection in your room. We do offer complimentary guest computers with internet access in our lobby. We do have a third party provided WiFi service on property; however, recognize that the system is variable depending on your location in the property. We also do recognize that the needs of our guests have changed. We are currently looking into an upgraded system and hope to roll that service out shortly. I am sorry that this was not in time for you stay.

Paul L, Please accept my apologizes that we did not WOW you on this stay. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to change your view of Sandyport by our providing excellent service in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sandyport last month when we went for a friend's wedding. We got in late at night, security at the front entrance had our room key as front desk was closed but this did not hamper our arrival. Next morning we awoke to a lovely lake/beach view outside our room and nearby pools. Cleve makes breakfast right on the beach for only 10US...pancakes,French toast, eggs...all tasty!.....but don't sleep in or else you will miss him!.....front desk staff Sharron was extremely helpful and patient in helping us decide what activities to do while we were there....lots of shops and restaurants available at the front of the resort to get anything u might have forgotten like sunglasses and swim trunks (my husband).....and more eating options at the front.......we had a studio suite.....quaint, cozy, very clean room, small bathroom, but perfect for our stay.....pity we didn't use the lovely well stocked kitchenette.....stovetop,fridge,kettle,sink,microwave,dishes etc!......Resort is very relaxin with hammocks spread out round pool area,very serene!......At the front of the resort we caught the bus to downtown Nassau....easy and cheap at 1.25US!.....on our way we passed all the other concrete jungle type hotels which we were glad we didn't stay at!....My only negative would be the long walk to the front desk from your suite as its very spread out for I guess that natural feel.....And oh no free Internet access in room....but available at front desk or for a small fee of 13US/day in your room........All in all.....for a Bahamas-feel, nice resort, great price, great service....choose Sandyport.....we will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for room close to pools, on ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jamila_belgrave,

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful insight into Sandyport. You have shared so many wonderful tips. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you will definitely stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel is just outside Nassau- the town centre is a 10 minute bus ride away. Well priced for the island. Rooms are relatively basic although everything worked. Hotel is situated on a resort with surprisingly few facilities- this was the first hotel in the world I have stayed in where they didn't do breakfast and there was only one place to get it- the (very small) News Cafe about 5 minutes' walk from reception. Staff were terrific, with real enthusiasm for the job. Guest relations manager very helpful. There are three bars on the resort, the Twisted Lime, a sports bar which was the best of the lot, Spritz restaurant, where the food was great, and the Cozy Corner pub, which wasn't up to much. At first glance it seems that the resort was developed with the idea that many of the units would be let to leisure operators but have instead gone to business tenants. So you have banks, office services and, remarkably, an MRI scanner where you might expect there to be shops, bars and restaurants.

Well worth getting the local buses which are cheap, very frequent, and all on board full of Bahamian hospitality. In short, therefore, an economical way to stay in Nassau at a location where the staff are enthusiastic and hotel services very well run.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear NikePike22,

Thank you so much for your praise of our “terrific” staff and services. We are so pleased that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay and thank you for passing on so many tips.

I am guessing that you stayed in our hotel or standard bedroom which we would agree are a little basic but as you point out are “an economical way to stay in Nassau”. We do also have studios with partial kitchens and Deluxe Suites with additional amenities, full kitchens, and separate living rooms with a view over the canals. The majority of our rooms do offer kitchen facilities.

Many of our guests choose to make breakfasts in their rooms rather than pay for a hotel breakfast. A wonderful alternative though is to book breakfast with Cleveland. A number of guests have reviewed their experience with Cleveland on Tripadvisor and I recommend reading them below. Cleveland will take advance orders for breakfast, lunch or dinner and purchase the meal to order, which enables him to keep the cost down. It is like have your own personal chef and comes highly recommended from our guests. Thank you for pointing out the News Café which is located in Sandyport. There is also Wendy’s just up the road and the Marina convenience store.

You mentioned Twisted Lime and Spritz but I would like to also add the Beach Club Café, which is located on our Ocean Beach and the Poop Deck Restaurant which is on the West Beach. All four are open of lunch and dinner.

We do hope that you will return to the islands in the future and that you will choose Sandyport once again.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have stayed for a month in the Bahamas in three different hotels and this hotel was our favourite. The suites are very spacious and for the same price as other hotel rooms on the island, you get very spacious two room unit with a kitchen, so we could make breakfast and lunch in the room and go out only for dinner. It is not a fancy hotel, and that is actually part of its charm, there is no chaos of many tourists running around. It feels just peaceful and relaxed, away from everyone. The rooms are on separate buildings and you can go out directly from the room on the ground floor to the canal, or sit in one of the hammocks provided. The rooms are simple and from the outside look slightly tired but were very clean and had everything we needed. The pool is nothing special but good enough, and our daughter loved it. The location is on the west side of the island, few minutes drive from cable beach. We loved the quite, relaxed and laid back atmosphere away from most tourists. It is very easy to get around with the bus, but we had a car and that made supermarket shopping easier. There are at least 3 nice restaurants just a few minutes walk from the hotel. The staff is very friendly. The one disappointing aspect of the hotel was the internet. Although internet is supposed to be provided by a third party at additional cost in the room, most of the rooms (including ours) had no internet connection. If you just want to keep up with a few emails a day the free internet access on the hotel's computers might be enough. Alternatively most restaurant around did offer free wifi. We were told that the internet situation is supposed to improve in couple of months.

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious and with full kitchen. Building 1-4 have less seagull noise in the morn...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Shirakl,

I am moving to the UK so that I can have month long holidays! We are so pleased to be your favourite of the hotels that you stayed at while in the Bahamas. You have included so many great tips and insight, thank you.

I am sorry that you experienced difficulty with our internet during your stay but am pleased that the complimentary guest computers with free internet access and the Wifi available in the restaurants was most helpful. We are aware that the needs of our guests are changing and the need for a better internet service. We are working on this and hope to have upgrades in place shortly.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the atmosphere and our service. They say that once you have sand in your shoes you will always come back. We hope you have sandy toes.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been going to Sandyport for 10 years and each visit is better than the previous one. The staff, especially Miss Sarah and Mr. Moss are always gracious and accommodating. The rooms are spotless. The location is excellent. The atmosphere is always serene.
I have just returned from a trip there and am already planning my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Elizabeth R,

“Serene” I love that word; “gracious” and “spotless” too. Thank you for visiting us this past 10 years. We look forward to many more. We are so pleased that each visit is better than the previous one. We have so many upgrades planned this year we will keep trying if it is possible to “get better than this!” Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your planning.

See you soon!

Sandyport Beaches Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
7 mi away
#1 of 36 in Nassau
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Been to Sandyport Beach Resort? Share your experiences!