Sandyport Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
SLS Baha Mar(Nassau)
View Hotel
All reviewslady sarahchef clevelandsandy porttwisted limeblue sailvernon mossnews cafepoop deckrestaurants within walking distancefull kitchentwo queen bedsfish fryhome away from homeparadise islandprivate beachcable beachdowntown nassau
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at Sandyport for seven days enjoy myself the hotel staff was wonderful. The Bahamian was very friendly I travel all over different island but rate the people very helpful.I went to the local supermarket and the price are just crazy how the local survive with this price. I did the bus everywhere very helpful the Bahamian. Make sure you go to fish fry best conch salad is Deep Creek Haitian guy old my god! I like to go where the local hangout they no the best areas. Please don't used the guest service desk book your trip before you go to Bahamas. I went on snorkeling trip not too safe for me but go on the Flying Clouds was more safer. I snorkel at every island my husband and me travel just check rates before traveling. Don't used the guest service she is a big ripoff! Best restaurant is OH ANDROS in fish fry area food delicious and walk down the street to cookout pit with lobster and grouper and chicken they only there on weekend delicious. Walk past frankie goes banana and straight to cookout pit just wonderful food.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the right room ask to see the room before upgrading. They charge me studio rate which I paid not to have with Expedia 200.00 more. I should been giving a suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happy205
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Happy205,

I love your user name! Thank you for taking the time to review the resort and provide so many great tips. We are delighted that you enjoyed a “very peaceful vacation” and that the “Staff was wonderful.” We pride ourselves on our tranquil setting and our hospitality.

It sounds like you really enjoyed some of our local flavour. Those are great tips on the Fish Fry, the local bus and the Flying Cloud. All three will give you a local feel and are some of the best values offered. Food on the island is expensive compared to elsewhere as the majority of our goods are shipped in. Many of our rooms have kitchens (the deluxe suites have full kitchens and the studios partial) which can really help with keeping the costs down on meals. Breakfast in the room can be a real money saver while on holiday. Also check in with Chef Cleveland. He offers a unique personal service pool side. Order your meal in advance and he will shop for your ingredients and then cook for you that evening all for a great price.

I am sorry that you felt that the guest service desk was a rip off. We do not add anything to the price of a tour. There are a wide range of activities on offer on the island and our team can arrange them all for you. I am sorry if they did not do as good a job as they should in matching your expectations to the activity. There are for the benefit of others multiple snorkelling trips that you can take each with a unique feature and price. Let us know what you are interested in and we will do our best to find the perfect fit.

We are delighted to show guests their room on arrival and very happy to try to accommodate special requests. We do try to get guests’ into their rooms on arrival or as close to and consequently offer the first ready room of the reserved room type. If you would prefer to wait for a special location we are very happy to accommodate.

I hope that we will welcome you back to Sandyport soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our view of New Providence and Nassau is that both are fairly run-down and need repair. The one positive thing about them is the friendliness and cheerfulness of their population. The government makes its money off imports and as a result local agriculture and manufacturing are discouraged, and both food and other goods are expensive.

Our unit Sandy Beaches Resort had a kitchen/living room and a large bedroom with a Jacuzzi. The room was clean and bug-free. The kitchen stove had two burners that would light using the pilot light and two that we had to use matches to light. We didn't use the dishwasher because the rusty, wheel-missing bottom rack couldn't be moved out to load with dishes. The kitchen had a coffeemaker, refrigerator and microwave that all worked well, along with dishes and cooking pots and pans. The tap water isn't potable, but you can buy a gallon of water from the office for $2 ($1.49 at a nearby grocery store). The staff was very friendly and helpful and provided useful information about nearby shopping and using the jitney buses. Unfortunately the weather was not great and the surf was very heavy so we did not use the beaches.

My wife and I had a good time--as we always do--watching people, shopping and having lunch at the Fish Fry.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hmmathis
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear hmmathis,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I know exactly when you stayed as we had usually high surf and I am so sorry that the weather negatively impacted your stay. Our islands sunshine, beaches and beautiful waters are along with our people our greatest assets; to not get to enjoy them is a real shame. I am pleased to hear though that you did have “a good time”, that you found our team “very friendly and helpful” and your suite well-appointed and clean. We are in the process of replacing some of our major appliances and I apologize that yours were not to our normal standard.

I do hope that you will visit us again soon when we have excellent beach weather so that we can give you our true island experience.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a week for our vacation. I would never consider looking at other places to stay when I do come back. Staff was very welcoming and super helpful throughout our time there, especially Lady Sarah who booked stuff for us and recommended awesome places that fit our interests. Rooms were amazing, clean, and very spacious. Awesome views, close to ocean, nearby restaurants, and the bus stops right in front of resort. It is some ways from downtown (but a short bus ride away), which we very much appreciated as it was very peaceful and relaxing. I highly suggest doing the activities they offer as well. All around great experience and I can't wait to come back!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank KMasley13

Dear K Masley13,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the peace and relaxation and “would never consider looking at other places to stay”. We very much aim to provide a tranquil island experience while being near to all of the activity Nassau has to offer. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and I am so happy to hear that you found our team “welcoming” and “super helpful”. Thank you so much as well for posting your pictures. Your hammock is calling me!

We can’t wait to have you back too. See you soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at Sandyport on a stopover between London and Eleuthera. The treatment I received was first class, nothing too much trouble. I had a WONDERFUL room - actually a suite of rooms which I shared with my travelling companion. It was clean, well equipped, overlooking water on both sides. What more could I want! Oh yes, the Poop Deck restaurant is well worth a visit. I had a Cobb's salad - just the job on a hot day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TouagubaK

Dear Angela K,

Thank you so much for writing your wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a “wonderful room” and the “treatment was first class”. I do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at Sandyport overnight. Originally, we had a booking elsewhere. We did not like the place and decided to move to Sandyport, having stayed there several times before, always to our great satisfaction. We would have booked in advance, but nothing showed available on the net. We, therefore, in fact came in "cold". M. Vernon Moss, the manager could not have been more helpful and pleasant. He set us up in a wonderful appartment overlooking the water. Everything was in pristine order and our luggage was even brought to the room for us. Being a winter resident on Eleuthera, I had food I wanted kept in the freezer. The mamager very kindly stored it for me until I was ready to go to the airport. This is definitely the best place to stay in Nassau!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank chantal039

Dear Chantal039,

“Definitely the best place to stay in Nassau!” Wow, thank you that is high praise indeed. I am so pleased that Vernon was able to squeeze you in but sorry that you could not initially find availability on-line. We love when our guests become friends and will always try to accommodate where we can. Please do always feel you can contact us directly.

I hope that you are having a wonderful time in Eleuthera and perhaps next time you can stay with us a little longer.