“Bad Experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nassau
Junkanoo Beach Resort
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed for two days and had a bad experience with bugs in the mattress.In the middle of the night my whole body was scrathing and next day they gave me another room on second floor.
The door was kind of broken and i have to push hard to close and no water in the hotel.The staff was kind enough to give me two big bottles to wash my face etc.This place has to be renovated completely and few hotels next to it are being renovated.Pay a bit more and stay at a decent hotel.
Nassau has atleast 30% taxes on hotels etc.Can't find any local grown food if you are vegan and coconut water at $4.00 compared to Costa Rica at $ 1.00,Just imagine other food items.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

On behalf of myself and the staff at the Junkanoo Beach Resort we apologize for any inconvenience you experience while staying at the hotel. I take all complaints seriously and will look into the rooms that you occupied and ensure that these issues you mention are handled.

We will be renovating very soon.

Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you soon in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed 2 weeks and it was a decent place for the money. A little dated but safe and friendly staff. Not a far walk from fish fry or downtown. Hotel No complaints but I feel the Bahamas has really fell off the last couple years. very Dirty and maybe because Im a guy alot of people on the beach tried to sell me drugs.. No Thanks. Overall I never felt unsafe but thats just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your writing your comments on Trip Advisor.

We strive to keep our hotel decent for our guests. Our guests always like the closeness to the Downtown and Fish Fry.

Thank you again for your review and looking forward in the future to seeing you.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was in Nassau for 8 days for a relaxing holiday; I happiest at the airport. Looking back, I'd rather stay only 5 days (you really only need 4 to see everything Nassau has to offer) & stay at a better hotel.
The hotel itself is in a good location, it has a pool, a bar with food options & the room was huge but with very minimal furniture (so much unused space). With the exception of Kimberly (who couldn't do enough) the rest of staff made me feel for like an inconvenience, like you were interrupting them from angry birds & on some occasions, they were just plain rude. The hotel 'lobby' wasn't dirty, just old; the hotel itself is just old & neglected, the room however was cleaned on occasion or my towels were just folded. Being a hotel by the beach, sand is expected to get into rooms, by day 8, I had mini beach. The bar alcohol prices were good but the food is over priced, even with a price reduction it's still not worth it.
By the end of my stay, I felt like I'd over paid. Resort it is not.

Room Tip: Really, it's the Bahamas, splurge on a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I want to apologise on behalf of my staff. All of our guests should be treated with respect, courtesy and again.
I strive along with my staff to ensure that each and every guest have a positive experience at the Junkanoo Beach Resort.
Kimberly is an asset to our staff, she is friendly and courteous, nice to know you appreciated her service.
I have brought the issue with the sand in the room to our Housekeeper to make sure this accurses as little as possible.

Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a first time visitor to the island and I must say I had the time of my life and plan on going back during December on a cruise. The staff at the hotel and restaurant was AWESOME they made my stay pleasant that I wanted to stay for another couple of day s. Thanks to the warm and friendly attitudes of the staff. The pool was great, food was better than fish fry and the rooms where nice. The exterior could use another coat of paint on the stair case but the it was nice. They are working on the building.

Room Tip: across from the beach, walking distances to local restaurants, straw market and cruise ships.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for writing this nice review on Trip Advisor.

Your comment made my day. As General Manage along with my staff, we strive to have our guests feel comfortable and welcome while staying with us.

We are looking forward to seeing you in December to enjoy Junkanoo Festival with us.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel I asked my companion if we were in the right place, it seemed so different than the imagine that we had seen when we made the reservation. Our room was filthy and the window didn't close, it looked as if it had been pried open during a break in. The air was stale and musty, and we felt sure that the air conditioner needed to be cleaned of mould. There were also several cockroaches running around. We checked out early and left our bags so we could walk around and see Nassau. When we returned for the luggage the person who had the keys for the luggage room was no where in sight, he took a half an hour to be found, which was stressful because we had to catch a flight.
The people working there were very nice, and tried to be helpful but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
SONIA B, Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apology. I assure you we have never had a break in.
Our maintenance staff is working diligently to keep up with improvements.
Because the Bahamas is in the tropics we insist on weekly visit from the Pest Control Company.
We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer and comments from our guests are always welcome.

Thank you again for your comments and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The location is good; the staff members we dealt with were helpful and courteous. BUT the place is just plain dirty. Mold in the bathrooms, bugs in our rooms. Sheets were stained but clean. We didn't want to open our suitcases on the floor because we weren't sure what might crawl in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cea M

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our deepest apology for the issues you have encountered while staying with us.
I am so happy that you found the location to be good and that the staff was courteous.

I assure you that we have a Pest Control Company that comes in to spray every week.

Thank you again for your comments and hope you will come and see us again in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Once I arrived I got the notice the elevator was not woking and It would be fixed soon. I stayed 3 nights and once I left the elevator was still out of order. I had problems trying to sleep because houskeeping would knock on my door at 8:30am. I tried to request a do not disturb from front desk, but nothing happened, still was awaken by the knock. After the knock, she would get in the room even we saying not to. Internet did not work very well and you get a resort fee on your bill, just because the hotel has a small pool.

Last but not least, spend a little more and stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for writing your comments on Trip Advisor.

I want to apologise for the bad service you received at the hotel.
The motor in the elevator was burnt out, but it has long since been fixed.
We have since rectify this issue with housekeeping about knocking on guest doors before 8:30 am. Hotel policy is not to knock on guests doors before 9:00 am.

Thank you again for your reviews and hope to service you again in the future.