Junkanoo Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$495
  • Beachfront
$325
$293
Hyatt.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Firstly be aware its an old hotel. The rooms are very basic with a bed with poor quality sheets with holes, aircondition it wotks but cools the floor more than the room, there is hot water in the shower most of the times and the water quality is more salt than fresh water, the television works but the remote does not so old school human remote is the way to go, also if you require the use of an iron there is an 20 dollar deposit which you get back on return of the iron.

The hotel is located in the prime of downtown nassau and paradise isalnd, straw market and most of the tourist attractions and restaurants are within walking distance.

Also the Arawak Cay Fish Fry is within walking distance, the local Twin Brothers is there but Bruno's is good as well for the local food. We also discovered a good Indian Resturant Clay Oven if you like that sort of food.

Would not recommend for familes or honeymoon ,it is however good for low budget couples and individuals if you want to save money in order to view the attractions/tours.

Do not expect too much .

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Squidtto
Reviewed February 28, 2011

You should book this hotel in advance. You can do this by telephone or by internet site (sometimes it doesn't work). Our room was clean and comfortable with huge windows. Every room has balcony, TV, fridge, coffee express, iron, internet connection. Beds are spacious and very comfortable. Hotel has a guest laundry.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Unforgiven11
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Where to begin? The shady location across Junkanoo Beach (of which there is no designated crosswalk, meaning you’re playing chicken every time you want to access the beach)? The cracked ceilings and tiles in the rooms? The indifferent front desk staff? The stained bath towels and blankets with cigarette burns? The lack of phones in the rooms? The spastic sink faucets that spray water all over the counter and mirror? And Wi-Fi access for $5 per hour??

I could go on and on with reasons not to stay here, but they will all reach the same conclusion: don’t stay here. It’s not worth it, even for the dirt cheap price, which it ultimately won’t be since you have to take a taxi to get anywhere ($30 one-way from the airport, $4 per person to Paradise Island, which is where all the entertainment is), plus pay for breakfast (complimentary at most of the other resorts) and purchasing international phone cards, which you can only use on the pay phone in the lobby (if there is a definition of bootleg…). This is a sad excuse for a motel and should be shut down. Thank God there were no bugs or rodents, though I suspect this had something to do with us being there in the winter. I don’t even want to imagine what the warmer seasons bring out.

Bottom line, spend a little extra to stay at a nicer place. If you can’t afford more than $90 for a room, you shouldn’t be vacationing in the Bahamas. Food in all restaurants is triple the cost (and twice as low in quality) and anything worth seeing or doing will require massive overspending.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank elohelay
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend and upon arriving I was very exited as this was my first trip to Nassau. The taxi driver Big Don was awesome he gave us a tour of the island. The girl that checked us in was more interested in talking to a guy at the desk and looking at her nails than serving us. We were checked into room 611 but had to be changed to 312 because the room was dirty we walked into town as it is only 5 minutes away and everywhere locals were super friendly. We went to the straw market which is located in a very hot tent but it was worth it because we were able to haggle the prices down. We went to the aquarium at the Atlantis and we had dinner there. We got back to the Quality Inn at around 11:30 that night and the lady at the desk was very pleasant and she inquired as to which room we were staying in before she let us go up the elevator. There was also a security officer so we felt very safe. We went up to our room and we found that there were no towles in the bathroom. We called down and in less than 5 minutes the desk lady was at our door with towels and a smile. We were not tired and decided that we wanted to do some dancing so we went back down after changing. The desk lady Chakara was assisting a guest but gave us a nod and a smile when we came over. We told her we were looking for a place to party ( we are a gay couple) and she told us a bout a gay friendly club downtown called Bamboo, she was not only kind she called some of her lesbian friends Shena and Bam Bam to take us out for the night! We had a blast!!! I did not see Chakara for the rest of our stay as she was off but she called us the the next day to see how we were doing!!! Talk about service!!! The rest of the stay was fine. The room was cleaned daily and the water was hot. The housekeeper Tanya was very nice. We added Chakara, Shena and Bam Bam to our facebook pages and we will be going back to Nassau next year. The hotel was clean and safe it does have a lot of locals that stay there but they where all very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChikenKaren
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I arrived on the 15th of October and was told that the elevator was broken and they had to place us on the 6 floor. Me and my hubby had to lift 2 heavy suitcases up 68 steps to our room. Once in this dirty room we had no towels, no telephone, no iron, no remote control and the wall looks like it had blood on the walls room 602. We wen down stairs and complained but recieved no satifaction. I went out and purchased some gloves and bleach and my own towels and washclothes, also washed the bed sheets to the room myself. One the 4 day they moved us to room 201 and still this room was dirty, no towels, no telephone ...oh but I had a remote for the tv...but the sink in this bathroom was leaking..boy what a mess. The front desk lady was rude when we asked her about the elevator, eventhough i overheard a conversation that the entire hotel was running off a generator because the electric was turned off. And also all types of people hangs out in the lobby which made me feel unsafe because when you walk in all they do is stare at you. oh and the swimming pool i wouldn't even want the birds to bathe in that. I contacted choice hotels once i returned back to the states and demanded a refund or some kind of compensation, i was told that they will contact me in 10 business days. This hotel needs to be torn down completely...I won't suggest this hotel to my worse enemy. Please don't go to the Quailty Inn in Nassau Bahamas

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple