“Good native food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been here a few times times now and I must say the food and service is consistent. It is the Fish Fry! But in comparison to the other restaurants out there they are head and shoulders above the rest. Really Really good Bahamian food and the staff are very efficient. However, I feel that the prices are a bit high because - it is the Fish Fry! But it is an overall good dining experience at the 'Fry'. Dinner for 2 ( Mahi Mahi with rice and 2 sides/ Snapper with fries/ Conch Fritters/ Conch salad and soft drinks) - $70 tip included.

2  Thank Thecla L

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Frankie is in a colourful village-like setting close to the center of Nassau. You don't just walk in - there's a maÎtre d' at the bottom of the stairs who will find you a table. Class! The food is typical Bahama cuisine. We had fried fish both times we were there. The servings are huge. The local beer goes well with the fish. The atmosphere is relaxed. Noisy trucks trundle by coming and going to the harbour. It can interrupt conversation but what the heck, that's just the wheels of commerce going round. What we need today is vibrant business and work, so this is not a complaint. We will definitely go back!

1  Thank Lamppu
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I went with a couple of friends who are locals. It started a little prickly. We sat outside and the server came in a timely fashion.We ordered drinks and they came in plastic take out like cups. We asked for glasses. The waitress (Yvonne) said you can't have glasses outside, but we looked around and everyone else had (what looked like glasses). She apologized and came back with the glass looking plastic (makes a big difference with tropical drinks) that other had. After that start I thought we were possibly going to get into a downward spiral with "service with an attitude". To my surpise the waitress did not develop an attitude and we probably had the best service we have had in the bahamas.
One of our local frineds commented that the menu was pricey.
The appertizer (we shared conch fritters($6)) came promptly, the main courses came as soon as we were done with the appertizers. Best conch fritters I have had yet.
Drink re-fills were timely. ($5.50 to $7) Drink prices are very good.
I ordered the Seafood platter ($25.50) (Shrimp, fish fingers and cracked (fried) conch) with peas(beans) & rice, coleslaw and mac'n'cheese (baked). It was a lot of food - I was not able to finish it all. Our frineds both had the cracked conch "snack" ($14). It was cracked conch and fries & a bun - the (big) plate was full. They took half home.
Everything on my plate tasted fine (light batter, tender) tasty tartar sauce, really good coleslaw.
Either the manager or a cook came and asked how everything was (with more sincerity than you usually get in the states, most times).
The hostess (Melody) walked past and we asked her a couple of questions and she was more than helpful. Also she also was aware of her surroundings (she nodded to the other hostess to greet a group of people who were approaching. They wre both on top of it). Friendly, professional and really nice.
No room for desert. Total bill (uncluging 15% gratuity) was $105.23 and I tipped an extra 10% ($10). There was live music starting up but we had to leave.
All in all, the best looking place at Arawak fish fry, worth a little extra. The most professional staff we encountered this trip. Arawak is miles apart from Potters Cay. It's amust for the Bahamas experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

all I can say is try the Cracked Lobster. in a word-fabulous!
You will definitely get the local flavor here.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I'm on Island Time... I get it... and I am low key...but holy cow these folks are slowwwww... an hour wait for lunch. That said, we weren't in a particular hurry, and the food was good. Great Jerk Chicken (best we've had in Bahamas) and good conch salad and cracked conch. One of us had the grilled lobster and I snuck a taste... expensive (like 35 bucks for a tail.) but delicious.

All in all, it was very good food, just very slow service. I think the Anchorage was as good and a bit better service.