“Most upscale looking place at Fish Fry”

Frankie Gone Bananas
Ranked #52 of 278 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Rhode Island
“Most upscale looking place at Fish Fry”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Fish Fry is an interesting place. It feels like an outdoor market where you walk around and people are hawking their wares trying to get you to choose their restaurant. We walked around it a few times just saying were were looking before we picked Franie gone Bananas because it was the nicest looking! A steel drum band was playing outside and we got a table on the second floor deck overlooking the band. It was a wonderful, tropical atmosphere. The food was very good. The conch fritters were good (we didn't find them spicy as noted in a prior review). I ordered the grilled local snapper but the waiter thankfully told me it would come whole so I change order to the Mahi Mahi which was excellent. They give you bountiful side dishes. The macaroni and cheese is Bahamian style (baked like lasagna) and was a nice treat. My husband enjoyed the fried chicken and fries. I would go back again for the great atmosphere and the good food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank travelbug0164

Northborough, Massachusetts
“Too many problems :(”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to pop in here for a quick appetizer or two on our way back to our cruise ship and ended up regretting it. We were excited to try conch as there were many options for conch on the menu. When we ordered, we tried to order two appetizers (one of them being conch fritters), but the waitress told us that there were all out of all of but 3 of them, so we ordered the conch fritters as planned plus the chicken wings. It took almost 10 minutes just to get our drinks, and in another 10 minutes the conch fritters came. We asked where the chicken wings were and the waitress said she would go check. While waiting we of course ate the conch fritters which were really good.

After almost 20 minutes the chicken wings still hadn't arrived and we had to leave to catch our cruise ship, so we walked to the front desk and told them we needed to pay and to please remove the food we never received from our check. At this moment the waitress brought out the wings, but it was almost 45 minutes after we ordered them and we had no time to eat them. She was very sweet and offered to give them to us to go, but we would not have been permitted to take them on the ship so we declined. The staff was very polite and apologetic about the situation but it was very frustrating because we just wanted to have a quick bite to eat and it ended up taking us 45 minutes and we didn't even get half of our food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank stefinicious
Houston, Texas
“would not recomment”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We set out to go to Twin Brothers but the taxi driver convinced us to go here. We decided he probably gets free food or some type of kick back. The food was not good. I ordered a fish dish and it came out whole, probably my fault. I didn't ask but I don't eat fish like that however even the person who got a filet of fish was not happy with it either. The sides (rice and mac n cheese) were very dry and tasted like they had been made for days. One person did have the lobster and liked it but I would not go back here.

Visited March 2013
Nassau, Bahamas
“Good Food, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My fourth or fifth here. My family decided to go to dinner at Fish Fry. The atmosphere was great and the food was good. We ordered the conch salad with requested very little pepper. Despite our request, the conch salad was very spicy and the children could not eat it. The conch fritters were very tasty but again very spicy. The prices are higher than the other restaurants at Fish Fry, but the experience was a cut above the rest. Would continue going back, but the cooks need to go easy on the pepper.

• Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Basic menu repeated at most other nearby restaurants. Food is well cooked and flavorful. Staff is supper attentive.

Visited February 2013