“Broiled grouper...fresh conch salad...great service...”
Review of Arawak Cay

$33.60*
Nassau Historical City Tour
Ranked #15 of 127 things to do in Nassau
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to Twin Brothers twice! For lunch and dinner... Both times the food was best...even after eating at much pricier places! Twin Brothers take credit cards... But bring your ID. Don't be in a rush... Let them take their time and the flavors soak in... Yummy!

1  Thank critic444

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the party spot. A bit pricier than others. Can't remember her name but our waitress was REALLY on the ball. The place is packed. I likes to do my drinkin before my eatin, I had time to woof down 4 beer by the time dinner was served.

We ate at twin brothers and anchors away. All very good places!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a great time at the fish fry at Johnny Gone Bananas. Nice party atmosphere with live music outside. Chose Johnny as it is the last restaurant and has the best view of the water. Service was fast and friendly and food was plentiful and tasty.

1  Thank Rita P
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had lunch at Twin Brothers. It was great!!! I don't normally like fish, but this was really good. Good price, nice people.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

According to one of our cabbies, this is where the locals eat and tourists in the Bahamas are making it bigger and busier than it has been because they want what locals eat. As I understand it, restaurants open up at noon and close at midnight.
The waitstaff is on island time (or just extremely busy). It is good to let them know when you would like the bill.
We ordered conch fritters. I found them consistent at all 3 places. Not a lot of conch, but good flavor. Most of the meals came with rice/peas and a choice of fried plantains/ macaroni and cheese or cabbage.
The 1st place we tried was Oh Andros. I would highly recommend this one. Our group had the steamed chicken, fried chicken (steamed was better), pan-fried fish (grouper) and fried fish. This was my favorite of the 3.
For the next meal we tried Frankie Gone Bananas. This was good. Somehow it seemed a little less authentic. We had the Mahi Mahi, chicken and pasta. We also tried the conch chowder which seemed like a spicy chili. Not at all what I expected, but good.
On the last day we went to Twin Brothers. It was good. Really busy on Easter Monday (which is a holiday in the Bahamas). A lot of people coming in and out with the daiquiris (with or without alcohol). We had the Bahama chicken, grouper fingers and pasta. All of it very good.
In addition to the restaurants at Arawak Cay, there are also food carts one block away. We ate at Sonia's Jerk and had excellent ribs, peas/rice and a choice of cabbage or macaroni and cheese. There was a picnic table available to eat at, but we took it to go.
Eating at these spots was one of the highlights of Nassau.

1  Thank CS-KS