“Interesting visit.”

$33.60*
Nassau Historical City Tour
Ranked #15 of 126 things to do in Nassau
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Sadly, we arrived in Nassau just as Hurricane Sandy closed just about everthing down, and the events lined up for the weekend were cancelled. When we went a few days later, most of the restaurants were open but there was no entertainment. We decided on the Twin Brothers for our meal, and sat on the veranda. Of course, the one meal I wanted, lobster, was off the menu, but they had bits of lobster meant to be fried. I asked if I could have these with a few prawns to make up for it but was served two long barbequed strips of prawns which almost doubled the cost of the meal which was quite expensive to begin with. We had expected food to be more reasonable, but it has obviously become a tourist attraction and prices have risen accordingly. I could not get use to the way they serve coctails. I asked for a pina colada and got something in a plastic cup which resembled (and tasted) like a slush puppy! It was a nice meal but I am sure it would have been better if there had been more going on.

There are newer reviews for Arawak Cay

Reviewed October 30, 2012

It's a must visit to anyone who loves food. It was delicious and worth for money. Apart from the food, it was a pleasant experience as the people were friendly.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Try Deidra's Place for peas 'n rice and fried fish (at Fish Fry) and try Sky Juice King for sky juice.

-Jason
dcfud.com

Reviewed October 11, 2012

want to try authentic bahamian food? Then this is the place to visit, macaroni, peas n rice, and you must try grouper!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We ended up taking our food to go, but the staff at Gully's was phenomenal. I had a freak accident while on the patio, but they took great care of me. My boyfriend had the grilled pork chops, and I had the Caribbean shrimp over peas and rice. BUT the macaroni and cheese is the name of the game. The portion s huge, and they gave me two. I'd go back through the lost baggage fiasco with the airlines, for one more serving.