“Know before you go for a great experience”

Diamonds International
Ranked #1 of 31 Shopping in Nassau
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Know before you go for a great experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My friend purchased a watch from Diamonds International, and after about 3 hours of my negotiating skills, and a coupon we received from our cruise shopping director, he got an amazing deal! The salesman was knowledgeable, friendly, and not pushy. He was actually, to my surprise, honest about the purchase. However, if you go there with no research, or background knowledge of jewelry quality, you could end up with a negative experience.

Visited March 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“buyer beware...for sure!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I shopped at DI while in Nassau. I had been looking for a cocktail type ring. Tanzanite looked really pretty so I looked at several styles. I settled on one which they said was $1600...I started to walk out and said it was over my budget. They called me back and said how about $1,000? I thought that was reasonable as it was 1 carat...no diamonds...no white gold band, just a sterling band...very plain. So I ended up buying it and after getting home i was so disgusted at myself because I was looking on-line and Tanzanite was really not that expensive at all...unless it had diamonds with it. I felt I was really ripped off!! Every time I wear that ring I get disgusted and just wish my companion had been with me...he has better judgement about prices! Please be informed...look on-line before you go to these places. I would like to take it to my jeweler to be appraised, but know I would REALLY be upset after he would tell me it was only worth about $200!!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank flagal_10
Paynesville, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Diamond international was amazing. I visited 2 of their stores {purchased diamond earrings in Nassau one} and was very impressed with the customer service. they went above and behyond to make me feel like I was important and assisted me in getting the perfect earrings. I highly recommend them. Fair prices, excellent service and they guarantee your satisfaction

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Cheri L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, very knowledged, defiantly would go back ,excellent selection. Customer service was extremely easy to talk to, they didn't try to push any extra sales on that we didn't want. Was a very positive experience.

1 Thank Cavern_42
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“BUYER BEWARE - WELL ORGANIZED RIP-OFF CHOREOGRAPHED IN CONJUNCTION WITH CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES SHOPPING SPECIALIST.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went to a shopping briefing while on a Carnival Cruise. The Carnival "shopping specialist" (yes, that's their actual title/job description) gave a very convincing talk on Diamonds International- Nassau. During the talk they described the specialists role in going with you to shop at Diamonds International to make sure that "you were happy with your purchase and were not ripped off" by unscrupulous jewelry merchants. It was a very elaborate and convincing setup. As a part of the Carnival family they wanted to make sure that you had a positive shopping experience because a negative shopping experience in port would have a negative affect on your overall Carnival experience. "We do not want you to go home with any regrets. Our job it to make sure that does not happen." I bought that hook, line and sinker!! I was given a special shopping "discount" pass and a time to meet the Carnival shopping specialist at Diamonds Internationals. My sister and I met Taryn, the shopping specialist, at the designated time. The staff of D. I. and Taryn did in fact work together in my time at the store, but not to my benefit. I was definitely too trusting. The two diamond rings that I purchased at 70%, according to them, appraised at below my purchase price in the U.S. The color and cut were not the color, quantity or quality stated in the varification documents given to me at the con-clusion of my purchase. In fact, I had paid ABOVE full U.S. retail for the rings. Needless to say I am very disappointed with Carnival , Diamonds International and myself for buying into their complicitous con act. AGAIN BUYER BEWARE!!!

19 Thank Triptageous