“Top notch service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 30 Shopping in Nassau
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, very knowledged, defiantly would go back ,excellent selection. Customer service was extremely easy to talk to, they didn't try to push any extra sales on that we didn't want. Was a very positive experience.

1 Thank Cavern_42

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“BUYER BEWARE - WELL ORGANIZED RIP-OFF CHOREOGRAPHED IN CONJUNCTION WITH CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES SHOPPING SPECIALIST.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went to a shopping briefing while on a Carnival Cruise. The Carnival "shopping specialist" (yes, that's their actual title/job description) gave a very convincing talk on Diamonds International- Nassau. During the talk they described the specialists role in going with you to shop at Diamonds International to make sure that "you were happy with your purchase and were not ripped off" by unscrupulous jewelry merchants. It was a very elaborate and convincing setup. As a part of the Carnival family they wanted to make sure that you had a positive shopping experience because a negative shopping experience in port would have a negative affect on your overall Carnival experience. "We do not want you to go home with any regrets. Our job it to make sure that does not happen." I bought that hook, line and sinker!! I was given a special shopping "discount" pass and a time to meet the Carnival shopping specialist at Diamonds Internationals. My sister and I met Taryn, the shopping specialist, at the designated time. The staff of D. I. and Taryn did in fact work together in my time at the store, but not to my benefit. I was definitely too trusting. The two diamond rings that I purchased at 70%, according to them, appraised at below my purchase price in the U.S. The color and cut were not the color, quantity or quality stated in the varification documents given to me at the con-clusion of my purchase. In fact, I had paid ABOVE full U.S. retail for the rings. Needless to say I am very disappointed with Carnival , Diamonds International and myself for buying into their complicitous con act. AGAIN BUYER BEWARE!!!

19 Thank Triptageous
Holmen, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Helpful but time consuming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The sales people were very helpful. They actually found the product I was looking for in one of their sister stores down the street and were able to bring it back to the store I was at for the purchase. However, the paperwork and payment portion took a very long time. Normally it wouldn't have bothered me but we were on vacation with limited time on the island and people waiting for me. In the end I got the jewelry I came in for and am happy with the purchase.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Racegirl24
Ashland, Ohio, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Tanzanite Necklace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am so happy with my beautiful tanzanite and diamond necklace! We cruised into Nassau on the Carnival Freedom, and the store was recommended by our personal (ship) shopper, Skippy! He even helped to get the price lower!! The store was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and the display cases were filled with beautiful pieces! Iyesha (sp.?) was very knowledgeable and helpful in finding the right one for me, based on my liking and price point! We have shopped at DI before in Cozumel, we were pleased then also! We will shop with them again!! I would definitely recommend this store to others!
It's just a short walk from the cruise port, too! Go through the terminal, then proceed past Rawson Square to Bay Street, turn right onto Bay Street, it's the first one on the left side of the street! Great location, easy to find, just a short 5 minute walk! Well worth it!

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

First rate service. Top quality gemstones. The tanzanite was spectacular! Would cruise again to Nassau to go shopping here.

1 Thank Karenrobertshawrn