“Tanzanite buying experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Randolph, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tanzanite buying experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We bought 2 pieces of Tanzanite jewlries from diamonds international in Naussau, Bahamas. The store was easy to find, the sales associates were courteous and friendly and helped us find the right pieces we were looking for. At the end, my husband and I were offered each a bottle of cold beer and free necklace as gift.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank happyface132

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Buyer Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I took a cruise for his 50th birthday, when we decided to take the advice of Carnival to shop at DI. BIG MISTAKE! The prices were high and we were told that the ring (Tanazinite and Diamond ring) was 14K white gold. Once home, I went to put my ring on one day and noticed it had tarnished. I looked into my jeweler eye and saw the .925 and knew it sterling silver. We were so angry that we thought about going back there just to return it. So instead, I just brought some sterling silver cleaner and rubbed it back to life. We are upset more with ourselves for not doing our homework and for being overly excited about our first cruise. We have chalked this up as a lessened learned. When we visit San Juan and the other island next year I will have my homework done. What we paid for that ring was based off of the sales woman telling us it white gold instead of sterling silver. Never again will I make that mistake.

Visited August 2012
9 Thank TheDeVaughns
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bad Buy Made Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

While shopping in the Bahamas I purchased a semi-mounting from DI. Upon my return home and trip to see my jeweler, who told me he couldn't mount my stone in the setting. I notified DI and with the help of Claudia E, customer service representative, I was able to return the merchandise and Claudia E was successful in obtaining a store credit for the money I had paid for the semi-mounting.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Judy G
Louisa, Virginia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nothing like it where I am from.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wasn't in the market for buying diamonds but just walking in the store was so beautiful. I wasn't super impressed with the Crown of Light but I liked the tanzanite pieces. The lady at the counter didn't seem to want to help me until after our ship had the drawing from there and I won! Then she was very nice. The thing that I need to remember is that we are in their world. Things are run very different there than here.

Visited September 2012
Irvine, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Diamonds International-They are RIPOFF, SCAM! DO NOT GO!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

They are scammers! I visited their store branch at Nassau, Bahamas and bought a 3-stone oval shaped diamond ring. When I bought the ring, I was assured and told by the salesperson and her Manager that the ring I was buying have good quality diamonds on it. In my mind, a “good” quality diamond is at least an SI1 or above, and that is why I negotiated, bought, and paid for the ring for the price of $7,100. I had asked for an appraisal to ensure that the diamonds on the ring I was buying was in fact a “good” quality diamond. They had informed me that they will issue and give me the appraisal when I had already paid/bought the ring. Since the ring was in yellow gold ( I wanted it in white gold) and it wasn’t my exact ring size, they had asked me to pay the ring ahead of time and go back to the store to pick it up after they were done sizing it up and converting it to white gold. When I went and picked up the ring, the store was already in the process of closing for the day, giving me no time to inspect the ring and review the appraisal. When I got to my hotel, I was disappointed when I saw the appraisal that indicated the diamonds are I3 quality (which this rating does not even exist on the official Gemologist rating system). The next day, I immediately called the store, and spoke to an Andy from their Customer Service, informing them of my disappointment and wanted to return the ring. They told me that they cannot accept a return unless I have an Return Merchandise Authorization. They had advised me to call their 800-number on the back of the receipt. I contacted their them many times, pleaded my case, negotiated an exchange for a better quality ring, but will not refund my money back! These people are plain scammers! DO NOT make a mistake of buying any type of jewelry from them, they will rip you off!

Visited June 2012