“Nothing like it where I am from.”

Diamonds International
Ranked #1 of 32 Shopping in Nassau
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wasn't in the market for buying diamonds but just walking in the store was so beautiful. I wasn't super impressed with the Crown of Light but I liked the tanzanite pieces. The lady at the counter didn't seem to want to help me until after our ship had the drawing from there and I won! Then she was very nice. The thing that I need to remember is that we are in their world. Things are run very different there than here.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We purchased a diamond pendant in the Nassau store. Had never been there before. Friends were in the previous day and said they got good service adn prices. We went back with them and were treated well at the time, got what seemed to be good deals. Until we actaully get item appraised, can't say if their quoted value is overpriced or not. (The list prices seem a bit high and they are quick to drop them. I've been told by friends things bought off shore have been appraised at quite higher values, but still to see.) After returning home, we noticed one stone fell out of mount and was lost. Checked their bill and web site. Mentioned 30 day's warrantee. Contacted the service site in New York. Sent them the details of the damage, they responded quite quickly with information and where to send the item for repairs. The repair contract that you are suppose to read and sign first does mention they you are not responsible for Custom charges, paper work etc.
We mailed off the item and it was fixed and sent back within a couple weeks. A bit of issue with Fedex wanting proof that is was originally sent to DI out of canada, even though the package stated it was a repair, no charge, before they would release it. But that got straightened out. The service representative was quick to respond to emails. I was pleased by how quick things were handled.

4  Thank NorthAmericaTraveler
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I don't think I have ever had such good customer service as I have had with Diamonds International. I bought a ring in Nassau, and sent it to them for sizing. Berenice kept in touch with me almost daily with a status on the piece until it was shipped back to me. I had to have an additional repair done to it, and experienced the same terrific customer service. If I ever am in the market for a piece of jewelry, I will first see if they have what I want and will always buy from them. They are the best!

1  Thank Cindy495
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I purchased a ring in Nassau while on a cruise in 2011. Afer wearing the ring for a few days, I noticed that a small diamond was missing. I immediately contacted DI. Beatriz assisted me by giving me a return merchandise number. I returned the ring and they immediately fixed it. Unfortunately, after wearing it again, additional diamonds fell out. This time Bernice from DI asked me to take it to get quotes from jewelers in my area. I had several jewelers comment on the quality of the ring. They loved it as much as I did. The cost for them to repair was high, so once again I returned the ring to DI. After loosing diamonds for a third time, I now informed Harvey at DI that I did not want the ring repaired. I wanted a refund on the ring. Harvey assisted me until I was turned over to Hugo. A year has gone by since my purchase, so I was unsure how DI would handle it. Within a couple days, Hugo emailed me with another return merchandise number and informed me that the entire purchase price would be refunded to me. This has since happened. Everyone at DI was very helpful. It was unfortunate that there was a problem with the ring setting, but because DI was so accommodating in fixing, and then refunding me for, the ring, I would not hesitate to purchase jewelry from them again. DI definitely stands behind their merchandise and their customer service team in phenomenal!

2  Thank Karen R
Patricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Diamonds International, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Good afternoon , Thank you for sharing your experience in Diamonds International Nassau, it's wonderful to read that you and your family to find that perfect something. We are very happy to know you had a good time with us. We invite you to visit us in the future on your next vacations. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.
Kind Regards,
Patricia A.
CRM

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I bought a VERY expensive diamond ring last April 2011 while on a cruise stop. I believe the address was 253 or 243 but on Bay St in Nassau. Soon as I came home a stone fell out! Immediately contacted their customer service in New York and took the ring to them. Their excuse was, it was sized which compromised the setting. Anyway, they replaced the stone free of charge and checked the setting. From April 2011 till Dec. 2011 TWO MORE stones fell out. Mind you, I do not wear this ring all the time and very careful not to bang it. Since I was going back to visit Nassau Bahams again Jan. 2012 (this time stayed on land), I took the ring back with all the receipts to the store of purchase. They looked at it and advised if want to trade in MUST UPGRADE to twice the original purchase price! That meant a $10,000 item. I was not interested in replacing the stones which will now be at my cost.
I was so upset did not even ask how much they would credit me for the trade in. So walked out. It just seems odd that if you want to trade in a piece bought there that was less than a year old and defective must double the original price. I can see going up a little but double?? They must know some of their pieces will not hold up and thus have this odd "policy". I did go into another store (Effy) and purchased a couple of diamond pieces. Why? They have a LIFETIME gurantee on their items. (Baring any misuse or abuse of the item) They must know that their items are well made as they stand behind them 100%. Beware of Diamonds International.
Learned a valueable expensive lesson.

15  Thank CULater