“Diamonds International”

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diamonds International”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I don't think I have ever had such good customer service as I have had with Diamonds International. I bought a ring in Nassau, and sent it to them for sizing. Berenice kept in touch with me almost daily with a status on the piece until it was shipped back to me. I had to have an additional repair done to it, and experienced the same terrific customer service. If I ever am in the market for a piece of jewelry, I will first see if they have what I want and will always buy from them. They are the best!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Cindy495

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Keller
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I purchased a ring in Nassau while on a cruise in 2011. Afer wearing the ring for a few days, I noticed that a small diamond was missing. I immediately contacted DI. Beatriz assisted me by giving me a return merchandise number. I returned the ring and they immediately fixed it. Unfortunately, after wearing it again, additional diamonds fell out. This time Bernice from DI asked me to take it to get quotes from jewelers in my area. I had several jewelers comment on the quality of the ring. They loved it as much as I did. The cost for them to repair was high, so once again I returned the ring to DI. After loosing diamonds for a third time, I now informed Harvey at DI that I did not want the ring repaired. I wanted a refund on the ring. Harvey assisted me until I was turned over to Hugo. A year has gone by since my purchase, so I was unsure how DI would handle it. Within a couple days, Hugo emailed me with another return merchandise number and informed me that the entire purchase price would be refunded to me. This has since happened. Everyone at DI was very helpful. It was unfortunate that there was a problem with the ring setting, but because DI was so accommodating in fixing, and then refunding me for, the ring, I would not hesitate to purchase jewelry from them again. DI definitely stands behind their merchandise and their customer service team in phenomenal!

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Karen R
Patricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Diamonds International, responded to this review, July 12, 2017
Good afternoon , Thank you for sharing your experience in Diamonds International Nassau, it's wonderful to read that you and your family to find that perfect something. We are very happy to know you had a good time with us. We invite you to visit us in the future on your next vacations. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.
Kind Regards,
Patricia A.
CRM
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Buyer Beware”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I bought a VERY expensive diamond ring last April 2011 while on a cruise stop. I believe the address was 253 or 243 but on Bay St in Nassau. Soon as I came home a stone fell out! Immediately contacted their customer service in New York and took the ring to them. Their excuse was, it was sized which compromised the setting. Anyway, they replaced the stone free of charge and checked the setting. From April 2011 till Dec. 2011 TWO MORE stones fell out. Mind you, I do not wear this ring all the time and very careful not to bang it. Since I was going back to visit Nassau Bahams again Jan. 2012 (this time stayed on land), I took the ring back with all the receipts to the store of purchase. They looked at it and advised if want to trade in MUST UPGRADE to twice the original purchase price! That meant a $10,000 item. I was not interested in replacing the stones which will now be at my cost.
I was so upset did not even ask how much they would credit me for the trade in. So walked out. It just seems odd that if you want to trade in a piece bought there that was less than a year old and defective must double the original price. I can see going up a little but double?? They must know some of their pieces will not hold up and thus have this odd "policy". I did go into another store (Effy) and purchased a couple of diamond pieces. Why? They have a LIFETIME gurantee on their items. (Baring any misuse or abuse of the item) They must know that their items are well made as they stand behind them 100%. Beware of Diamonds International.
Learned a valueable expensive lesson.

Visited January 2012
15 Thank CULater
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

after taking a "class" on the norweigian cruise ship on how to buy from the locals and being told many many times that you should only buy from the PREFERRED VENDORS by the shopping specialist David and also being told that if you did buy from one of the PREFFERED VENDORS that is the PREFFERED VENDOR did not back up the product that norweigian cruise line would back it up 100% I ventured out to buy the perfect scuba diving watche for a christmas present for my boyfriend.I was armed with the sell sheet for a watch i had been looking at with all the features.I went into Diamonds International and began to shop. The first guy I spoke to was not very knowledgeable on scuba watches so he passed me to the expert. We looked at many and compared them to my sell sheet it had all the feature so I said I would take the watch I asked at that point what the warrenty and gaurantee was, He said 30 day no question asked. David the norweigian cruise line shopping expert was also in the store so I consulted with him and hes said yes it was gauranteed bu diamoinds international and norweigian cruise line so if this was not the watch that my boyfriend wanted we could return it no questions asked within the 30 days. agian i was told YES!!!!!
WELL WHAT A BUNCH OF HOG WASH!!!!!!
I was soooooo excited on christmas morning to have him open his gift I was bragging about all of the features and how I did my home work to make sure it did what it said and then to my surprise it did not do 1/4 of what we talked about. The salesman was less than honest. So I stared the process of trying to get a watch that did what we needed it to do for scuba diving.That is when the trouble began. They took the claim and said they would help then a few days later said oh to bad we dont have that a watch that does those things.he said I was out of luck when I told him about my warrenty/gaurantee with the cruise line they again said watched do not fall under that catagory.I was scammed. The instructions that go with the watch are not even included. I kept calling norweigian and diamonds international daily this was a present to try and get this resolved.They said to go to the website and look at some other watches so I did It was then I found that they dont even sell the watch I purchased???WHAT????? When I brought this to the attention of Diamonds International and Norweigin they said the would see what the could do. WELL NOTHING IS THE ANSWER.....
I Have leard a very hard lesson do NOT BUY ANYTHING OUT OF THE COUNTRY<EVEN IF THE NORWEIGIAN CRUISE LINE AND DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL GAURANTEE IT. after this I went to the trip advisor website and found many compalints about htis even with other cruise lines. It seem they have an "agreement " with the cruise lines
DONT DO IT DONT DO IT DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Visited December 2011