“Perfect Sunday Funday”

and up
Rose Island Day Trip by Boat from Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sandy Toes is located on Rose Island, Bahamas and is a private island experience just off the shores of Nassau and Paradise Island which offers three very different yet very unique experiences for our guests. Full Day Excursions - 10:00am - 3:45pm "Party Pass" available only on Sundays Overnight stays at our Villa - "The Retreat" at Sandy Toes Groups and Private/Exclusive Events
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Perfect Sunday Funday”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Sandy Toes makes for a perfect Sunday on Rose Island. Cheap boat fares to and from the island makes transportation easy. The staff is very friendly, the food is great, and the drinks are delicious! With options to play volleyball, sit at the bar, tan and snorkel on the beach, or nap in a hammock, Sandy Toes really caters to everyone. Highly recommend a visit if you are in Nassau.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Emma B
Sandy_Toes242, Manager at Sandy Toes, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello, Emma!

Thank-you so much for taking the time out of your day to send us a review of our excursion. We appreciate your feedback greatly and are so glad you've enjoyed your visit to our island! We hope to see you back with us soon.

• Polish first
South Florida, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous getaway”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We visited with friends in Sept 2013.
The weather was glorious, and the beach views took our breath away.
We headed up the rustic stairs to the north side of the island where there was a bar, hammocks, water toys and one of the most beautiful beaches I've encountered in a long time.

It's a beautiful stretch of natural beach, with noone and nothing to ruin it.
A dozen of so chairs set up on the beach for those who want to sit out, but honestly, we didn't get out of the water long enough to use them .

There's a nice simple bahamian lunch of fish, burgers, rice, salad etc. and the bar is open as well. Staff is friendly and informative.

This is a rustic day at a private island beach. Outdoor showers, rock paths, and a wooden outdoor pavillion for lunch and relaxing. Can't get much better than this for slowing down and experiencing the beauty of the "real" bahamas.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get away from it all and enjoy a natural habitat.

3 Thank DaisyII
Hello, Daisy!

Thank-you so much for your stellar review! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and provide us with such a positive response to our excursion. We hope to see you back with us in the near future.

Fife
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“The Real Bahamas”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I feel sorry for visitors to The Bahamas who walk off a cruise ship into the City of Nassau, do a bit of wandering around and shopping, and then get back on the ship thinking they have "seen The Bahamas". What rubbish. All they have seen is an expensive tourist trap.
Sandy Toes offers the visitor a taste of the Real Bahamas - this is a place where even Bahamians can have fun and enjoy the stunning beauty of this land. The owners have laid it out quite nicely with different areas for eating, functions etc. There are also quite a lot of activities that are offered - dive lessons, diving, snorkeling and boat rides. Actually, Sandy Toes is 6 miles from Nassau on another island, but it is usually a comfortable boat ride to get there. The sea on the north side of the island where everyone goes swimming, is nothing short of spectacular and there is shaded seating close to the bar where you can look out over a stunning view. This is a day trip that you will remember for all the right reasons, but make sure to bring plenty of suntan lotion with you.
The food is simple, but great for the beach - hamburgers and the like.
My only criticism is that the owners need to spruce the place up a bit - The buildings seem to have settled into their environment a bit and are showing signs of rust and exposure to the elements.

7 Thank balmainantiques
Hello, Balmainantiques!

Thank-you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with such a positive review! We really appreciate such great feedback from our guests, as well as suggestions with ways we can improve our excursion and habitat. We will be constantly improving and fixing, so we hope you can join us again at a later date to see what we have done!

Concord, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Sandiest Paradise!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Going to Sandy Toes was a last minute decision. I chose to go on this excursion because it was going to be my last day in the Bahamas and I had heard about it from a friend a day or two earlier. I figured why not? Sounds like it should be a good time.
Both the boat and island staff were so polite! Everyone greeted me and my friends pleasantly which is something I truly appreciate. It felt like I knew everyone on the island. I felt comfortable because there was such a warm atmosphere there.
When we arrived, the view of the beach was absolutely breath taking! The water was a stunning turquoise.. This was the kind of view that I had only seen in travel magazines!
At 12 it was time to eat lunch. We ate buffet style and it was pretty good! There was quite a but to choose from. I picked fish, rice, and some salad on the side. After my belly was full I went to lay out on one of the chairs lined up on the beach to get my tan on!
Over all, I was not disappointed. Sandy Toes was the perfect place to spend my last day in the Bahamas! If you are looking for somewhere to tan, and enjoy a relaxing laid back atmosphere, Sandy Toes is definitely where it's at!

3 Thank Ash B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bahamian experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A trip to rose island isnt complete without a stop in at Sandy toes. Bahamian drinks on a deserted island with local staff, beautiful beaches and fitting music. what more could you ask for?

Visited May 2013