“Fun Tours”

Full-Day Bird Watching Tour
Ranked #49 of 126 Tours in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Half day 4 hour birding tours with certified guide, beginners or experts, photographers welcome. Binoculars provided. Half day 4 hour nature tours to visit nature reserves, seashore and ponds, off the beaten track. Suitable for all ages, some gentle walking. Available daily, advance booking required.
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Visited Nassau and took a day tour to a remote beach. While my friend went scuba diving. There are plenty of things to do from getting your hair braided to scuba diving. Lots of transportation and plenty of tours for the entire family.

There are newer reviews for Bahamas Outdoors

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I usually do NOT write reviews but felt like I needed to since I had the owner YELLED at me when I called to complain about the crews rudeness, the FILTHINESS of the boat, NO AIR CONDITIONED cabin as promised. I experience the same rudeness from the Captain and the mate as Jeff Bauman did (see below complaint on Yahoo Travel). When we stepped on the boat, the captain seemed irritated and did not welcome us/talk to us. NO WE WERE NOT LATE! We watched the boat docked to pick us up. I boarded the boat with a friendly HELLO to have the captain stare ahead and make a aggravated look on his face without saying a word. He was so incredibly rude and only spoke to use when he needed a copy of our credit card just as Jeff Bauman experienced. The mate was also irritated and NOT helpful at all. I wanted to enjoy a wonderful deep sea fishing experience with my husband & two boys (15 & 17 yrs old). What we got was a DIRTY & NO AIR CONDITION CABIN, RUDE, & we circled around an area about 15 minutes out. I noticed all their boats went to the same area. This was not a deep sea fishing trip. We did catch Tuna. The fishing part was OK with no help from the mate. The mate was actually fussing at my boys instead of explaining to them the correct way he wanted them to real the fish in. In Louisiana we fish a certain way and it frustrated the mate and he did not take the time to guide them instead told them in a rude way..."keep doing that and you will lose the fish". I told him that this is the way we fish and instead of telling them what not to do...explain to them what he would like for them to do. I booked this boat because it stated on the website it had an air conditioned cabin and I wanted to read while my family enjoyed fishing. When I called, I confirmed it was air conditioned. When I got on the boat and went into the cabin I was disgusted by the filth of the cabin. Everything in there was so up kept and dirty (unsanitary) with NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! When I called the number to make a complaint, I actually spoke to the owner who basically YELLED at me and told me that most people that go on a fishing boat usually fish and don't have a problem with no air-conditioning. I explained my disappointment in the entire trip and she was so RUDE and would not even listen. I did call the Bahamas Tourism department and filed a complaint. The Tourism department called CHUBASCO CHARTERS and explained to them my disappointment and I was told by the Tourism department that CHUBASCO CHARTERS would call me back with an apology and to see what they could do to compensate me for the $715 I spent for 5 hrs of misery. I did get a call back from the same owner who still was PISSED that I made a compliant. She said that she spoke to the captain and he told her that I obviously didn't have a problem with the cabin since I took a nap (REALLY...SO HOT and nowhere else to sit?) and we gave the mate a tip (***customary and we figured that the Owner would take care of the problem and obviously the mate wasn't trained correctly to take care of his customers*not his fault) The tourism department called me back to see if everything was resolved and I explained the 2nd phone call and the owners rudeness. Tourism department called back and the owner offered me $100 to be credited my credit card which has NEVER HAPPENED. I will post the above to every website and every tourism department in the US to make sure they are aware of this and forward to each department all the complaints that I am now reading about CHUBASCO CHARTERS If anyone wants a great time fishing in the Bahamas there are other GREAT Charter companies because we did go on other ones and HAD AN FANTASIC time and the boats were clean and crew were extremely nice. DO NOT USE CHUBASCO CHARTERS!!!

8  Thank Vanessa316
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I were on the Carnival Valor and our last port was to Nassau, Bahamas. We had planned to take the water taxi to Atlantis but decided against it. The cost was $4 per person. You can also take the public bus transportation for $1.75 per person but it only took to the the bridge and you would have to pay $3 per person to take a shuttle or taxi across the bridge. Instead we walked to Junkanoo Beach which was 10-15 min from the port. The snorkeling was decent and we bought a used Atlantis snorkel set for $5. It was an okay decision. If we could do it over again, we would have taken the public bus transportation to Cable Beach for $1.75 per person one way or paid the $4 per person water taxi to Atlantis and took advantage of the free beach before entering the Atlantis property than explored the casino, shops and small portion of the aquarium downstairs from the check in counter. You can also pay a per night fee at Atlantis or their affiliate hotels and get 4 free wristbands for their waterpark for the day rather than paying a day pass per person. Nausau, Bahamas was a little over rated and too commercial.

1  Thank ManyAdventures1
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have been to the bahamas several times and found that down town has gotten kinda blahsa so we decided to do our own thing and grabbed a bus to cable beach Sheraton, what a blast we had. You can rent a room for the day and enjoy all the amenities they have to offer, awsome!! Then the casino was a blast too, then we headed to the fish fry and also had a blast, the food was great, the service was great, and the locals were so friendly we didn't want to leave. Soooooo much fun outside of the touristy things, Nassau will be another stop for us we thoroughly enjoyed the people and atmosphere. so don't get stuck downtown head out of town for alot of fun, friendliness and deffinitely visit Zac's daquirie bar in front of the Sheraton, it is soooo awsome, real fruit daquiries made to order, the people of this island were just plain friendly. Def stop again!!!

3  Thank Scott V
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Fascination. We've been to Nassau numerous times but have never rented scooters. Other people in our party wanted to so we agreed. Sounded like a nice way to get around and see the island...NOT. We rented scooters right when we got off the boat. The name on my receipt is "Fathia Investments Limited T/A Downtown Scooter Rentals" with an email address of fathiascooters.com. BEWARE. We rented 5 scooters which none of them had gas. We had to follow an employee to a gas station to gas up. 10 minutes later we were trying to get to the public beach near the Atlantis when ours broke down. My husband called and the lady said someone would be there in 5 minutes. 45 minutes later he called again, same story. We were just getting ready to flag down a taxi when here comes a guy on a Scooter. He gave us his, however it had NO gas. So we were trying to get back to the Scooter place, very annoyed and over it at this point. The rest of our group was gonna go on to the beach. No point in everyones day being ruined. We were almost back to the rental place when the employee caught up to us. He had returned to the scooter place, found us in traffic and brought us back a new scooter. Great.Except now we could not find our friends. Apparently they had split up and gone different ways to do different things. We finally gave up and turned in our scooter. Come to find out another couple in our party had broke down as well and had to call a cab back. What a disaster. Thank goodness for Senor Frogs. We all eventually met up there and ended the day having a great time. We made the best of a bad situation. I personally will never rent Scooters again. Good luck if you do and beware. If you break down it can take up a lot of time that is already limited. There were several scooter rental places, so if you decide to rent them, pass this place up. They even had the nerve to want to keep the $20 deposit as a tip. Really....??? A lot more things happened throughout the course of this day, but too much to put here and doesn't really pertain to the actual rental of the scooter, but was a chain of events that happened after the breakdown and losing our friends. To top it off, the ship had signs as you were exiting/entering the gangway about NOT renting scooters and how dangerous it was. We never seen this sign when leaving the ship and I highly doubt it would have changed our minds. It took a bad experience to do that.

14  Thank broomhilda04