Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
$273
$231
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$212
$177
  • Beachfront
$242
$180
$199
9,487 results
All reviewscrystal roombutler servicewindsor buildingwindsor poolroyal cafebutler suiterolls royceour honeymooncricketers pubstew fishred lane spapiano barspices restaurantbutler guestscandlelight dinnerquiet poolglass of champagne
Reviewed December 3, 2006

This was our first time at an all inclusive. We loved the fact your can eat and drink as much as you want without feeling like you're on a "vacation budget".
The beach at the resort was nothing to write home about. You basically laid on the beach with people you don't know because the chairs are lined up within inches of each other. I did not like being that close to the next person. But, you can 100% avoid this if you go to the amazingly beautiful off shore island. The island was gorgeous and spacious and Cafe Goombay had the best conch fritters. The rest of the food at the Cafe was not anything exciting. The island was closed three of the six days we were there though. Once due to the generator being out and the other two due to it being too windy. We also had to cancel a snorkeling trip due to it being too windy.

Service was not speedy by any means, but my opinion is that your on vacation, what's the hurry. You did save alot of time though because you don't have to wait for your bill and wait to sign anything as soon as your done you can head to your next spot.

Room it was OK. Nothing exciting about it. We had the Honeymoon Ocean view. There is actually not much of a view of the ocean. We had the concierge service which was nice. The stock the bar in the room. Kalik and Kalik light are the only beers you get in your room unless you beg!

Food-Crystal Room was good. We liked the atmosphere. The french onion soup was wonderful and my prime rib was really fatty. Cassanova was my favorite of the week "Action Jackson" was our server and it was by far the best service of the week. Cricketers Pub had the best fresh potato chips. Kimonos was not good in my opinion, but Hibachi grills are my favorite and I am extra critical about them.

The Straw Market was interesting, it was a bunch of booths in tiny tight aisles and every booth had the exact same things. It smelled in there and I didn't like it.

Atlantis was well worth the trip over. I guess it's $97 a pp to get in for the day. Luckily we had friends staying there who got us in for free. The Atlantis made Vegas hotels seem small to me. The aquariums were amazing.

We will definently try a different Sandals again in the future, but I don't know if we will return to this one, not because we didn't like it, but because we always want to try something different. Overall this was a very relaxing vacation. The negatives I pointed out are nothing that would stop us from going back because the relaxed atmosphere and the ambiance of the private island were well worth a trip back.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank gotsie
Reviewed December 2, 2006

We stayed at Sandals from 11/24/06 to 11/29/06 and enjoyed everything about our vacation. From the time we got off the plane everything went smoothly. Our check in at the airport with Sandals was easy and we boarded a bus that took us to the resort immediately. Once arriving at the resort we checked in with the front desk, were served champagne and given simple instructions. Our room was clean and in very good condition. We had been upgraded to a Honeymoon Ocean View room the week prior for an additional $248 and it was well worth it. We stayed in the Windsor Block. The staff at the resort were top notch, always friendly and asking if you needed anything. It is important to book your dinner reservations as soon as you arrive as the good restaurants fill up fast. The food was great, well above what you would expect for an all inclusive price. We have stayed at Sandals in St Lucia before and consider the food here to be much better with a very large variety. The beach is very clean with plenty of lounge chairs and ocean to swim in. They offer Jetski's at a price $70/30 minutes which are well worth it. You can also get local jewerly from the women on the beach along with great cigars, ask for Dianna. The Island Cay was a great getaway for the day. We layed on the beach and enjoyed the lagoon feel. The food and service on the Island are also top notch. The resort although fairly full at the time we visited always had things open to do whether it was playing pool, a game of pingpong or tennis or just wanting a great chair on the beach or at the pool. If you want to get away and just relax this is the place to do it. All in all we were very impressed with this resort and will return again.

9  Thank MiamiD1
Reviewed November 27, 2006

This all-inclusive hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful, the food was absolutely amazing, the drinks were never-ending and very good. You could order anything you wanted from numerous bars throughout the resort as well as the "included" liquor, wine, champagne, beer and stocked fridge in the room that was re-stocked daily. We had an average priced room, no ocean or pool view but it still had a small balcony and was very spacious and comfortable. The snorkling was a lot of fun and the little island that you could take the boat to every hour from the hotel dock was so nice. You have to make reservations for a few of the restaurants there but it is well worth it! They are like dining at a 5 star restaurant food and service wise. I do recommend that you make your reservations on the first day there before they get filled up. The weather was amazing while we were there and it was just an all around wonderful and much needed vacation. I hope all the Sandal's resorts match up to this one because we definitely intend on going back to another one the next time. We went to Atlantis for a few hours one afternoon and although it was beauitiful, it was almost overwhelming with so many people and on such a large scale. Maybe staying there a few nights the next time and Sandal's again the rest of the time could be a good option. But for the overall value, service and seclusion...Sandal's is arguably the best resort to stay at in Nassau. You can walk to the Casino that is just down the road at another hotel if you are a big gambler or take a cab or bus to Atlantis.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank hmorici
Reviewed November 14, 2006

My husband and I recently returned from our second trip to Sandals Royal Bahamian. We were there 10 years ago, before the Windsor section even existed and had thought it was the best vacation we had ever taken. I was a bit nervous going back as I worried it would not live up to our memories. We drove up to the entrance and it felt like we had come home! We were greeted with friendly faces, and whisked to the concierge lounge for check in. The Concierge staff (especially Cleo) made us feel welcome and were very, very efficient.

We were then taken to our beautiful Royal Honeymoon Oceanview suite on the 6th floor and it honestly took our breath away. My husband was so impressed with the accommodations and with our lovely view. We quickly unpacked and made our way to Spices Restaurant for lunch.....and quickly remembered just how much we enjoyed our dining experiences at Royal Bahamian. Our arrival was on Wednesday, and we made reservations for Thursday night at Cafe Goombay, Friday for the Crystal Room and Sunday for Baccarat. That evening we decided to try Kimono's and we went early.

I will just say that all the dining options were wonderful. The atmosphere at all venues was romantic and we enjoyed each and every meal. There was one entree that my husband did not particularly care for, but it was something different he tried, and he knew that if he wanted something else, all he had to do was ask. Trust me, we did NOT go hungry while there.

The grounds were lovely and so well kept, and as I always am so impressed, even the gardeners wish you a very pleasant good morning....everyone seems so happy and happy for you to be there.

That brings me to what I think is the crowning glory of this resort--the staff. The bell staff when you arrive, either the concierge or front desk staff checking in, the waitstaff, the playmakers and the management ALL were so wonderful to us, making us feel that we were treasured houseguests in their home.

We did make several trips into town, catching the Number 10 bus in and out of town for $1 per person, each way. We also made our way over to Paradise Island to check out the Discover Atlantis Tour, and the staff at Sandals were very helpful in getting us going in the right direction. So, as an aside to just Sandals, we felt very comfortable traveling around Nassau and just enjoyed the entire experience.

This was a celebration of our 24th anniversary and while it has been a while since we were able to travel back to Sandals, it will NOT be that long again. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an elegant, romantic resort.

Debbie Kaiser--Cary, NC

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
19  Thank skrmom
Reviewed November 13, 2006

We just returned from our honeymoon and stayed 7 nights at the sandals royal bahamian. Personally for the money we spent, i was expecting a lot more. We stayed in a oceanview grand luxe concierge room. The room had a okay view but it was very damp in the room and in 2 days all my clothing that i brought smelled musty. The couch in the room was not usable, it stunk like dirty wet laundry and spraying perfume on it did not help. I complained about the room and i was going to be given another room but the location of the room would've been worse and we would not have had a view of anything but the roof of the restaurant. So i just let things be and tried to enjoy the rest of our honeymoon.
The food was excellent at all the restaurants. The service was inconsistent though, sometimes you would get waited on right away and other times you would have to find someone to order your drinks.
There also was not much for entertainment. There also isn't anywhere to go if you want to walk outside the resort. I would definitely recommend the day tour of the atlantis resort. It is very beautiful and all the aquariums are amazing!
All in all, the food was excellent, the staff was courteous, aside from the issues that i had with the hotel, being with my new husband made the trip worthwhile.

9  Thank juvxb