“The most outstanding vacation ever !”

Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Cape May, New Jersey
“The most outstanding vacation ever !”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

This resort is now #1 on our list of vacations. All aspects of our stay exceeded our expectations this year, this was our 3rd visit to the resort. I do thank the new GM - Mr. Mutton and his Management Staff - Jonathan, Mark,Ken,Manuel, Dameon, Arnaud & Jayson Brice to name a few for the great job they have done on making the Royal Bahamian an outstanding experience. The room, restaurants, overall facilities, entertainment, service and courtesy of all employees was outstanding! The staff at the resort demonstrated their commitment to the highest level of customer satisfaction that anyone could ever imagine. The teamwork and morale of the staff stands out so much at this resort which makes this truly an enjoyable experience. The facility has approx. 400 rooms and it amazed me on how the staff always remembered us and acknowledged us daily as we enjoyed our week stay at the resort - not to mention the fact that several of the employees remembered my wife and I from our visit in February 2009. I would like to recognize several of the employees that truly stood out during our stay: Arizona at the Cazinovia Rest. has the biggest smile and greeting at the resort, Orthello the chef at the Royal Cafe did special catering to my appetite daily, Grecco and Dillon at the Crystal Room , the entire staff at Cricketeers was the most memorable team ( This team works off of the energy of each other and the guests), Iris at the Sports Center and Calvin with the entertainment staff was always a motivator each evening! These are just a few of the staff that you will get to know at this resort. Obviously my wife and I plan to return over the years and I would highly recommend this all inclusive resort to any couple looking for the best value with truly the highest level of service and amenities

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,003)
  • Polish first
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 16, 2010

After reading some of the bad reviews, I was somewhat skeptical. However, I must say that my wife and I were very pleased with this resort. As one reviewer stated, who gave this resort a "thumbs-up", it is truly about what your expectations are. This is not a 5 star resort, but neither is it a 1 star. I would rate it about a 4-4.5 stars. The is very good and abundant, but not excellent (i.e., don't get steak in a great seafood area) . The drinks were plentiful and we had no problems with the bars running out of liquor. The pools and beach were very nice. The off-shore island was fantastic, just bring some bug spray just in case. The entertainment was very good, as was the additional tour that we took of Nassau. Do not be afraid to book this resort. As a matter of fact the only problem that I had was that we had to call to have the towels replaced.

oklahoma
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This was our second time to a Sandals resort so we had high expectations. First, let me start by saying the resort is absolutely beautiful. I am not your typical reviewer and have read many reviews saying this was a great experience. Well, they are working on those problems. We were lucky enough to be at the resort for the returning guests. The lady that hosted our table was absolutely wonderful. She is the assistant manager in the HR department, Whyonna. She offered so much information about the island and was more than happy to listen to any complaint that anyone may have. She even called our room the next day and left a message that if there was anything that she could do for us just call her in the HR department.
The food was pretty good. Definitely go to Kimonos. Tiny was our chef and he does a good job entertaining all the guests at the table. The service in the Crystal room could be improved but after attention was called to the problem they really stepped up and got it together. It appearred at times they were short staffed and it is apparent they are trying to remedy the situation. There were many times we saw the GM and assist. GM helping guests which was neat to see. There is a wonderful pastry employee, I think her name was LaQuacia, she is absolutely the sweetest thing ever. Also, Ansel in Cricketeers pub was a delight to see. Marvelous Marvin and Preston are great photographers to capture those special moments at the resort. Laverne at the Soon Come Back desk was more than helpful. THanks again.
All in all I would recommend this resort to anyone. The view is absolutely beautiful. Our room was in the Manor building. The only disappointment there was that we had to go inside to get to the room rather than having our own entrance outside like we did at MoBay Jamaica.
Sandals does a good job.
The shopping in town is a little crazy. When going to the straw market be prepared for a lot of people. The ships typically dock daily and there are people everywhere. Not bad really just be prepared.
Go to the Fish Fry an eat at Seafood Haven. It is absolutely awesome. The food is wonderful.

1 Thank bmmarsh
colorado
Reviewed March 15, 2010

enjoyed our stay at sandals royal bahamian in nassau. staff was excellent, food was fantastic, met some new friends from nova scotia. vijay checked us in and made us feel welcome the instant we got there, daphanie was superb serving up breakfast. a must stay to relax and let all your troubles go. the only drawback was diving. missed 2 days due to their strict rules. oh well, next time they'll know me and that I in fact dive. don't miss going to fish fry (unique and fun) for some fantastic local flare. shop downtown, everyone frindly. remember your in the bahamas, relax, enjoy the locals, forget where you came from. you're on vacation.

Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I have to admit after reading all the bad reviews I was really worried about this trip. However, I didn't encounter most of the complaints by previous posters.

SERVICE:The one thing I do agree with is the service is not always stellar, however, I truly think it is a lack of employees. Cricketeers was always busy and only had 2-3 bartenders behind the bar trying to keep up with everyone and had a hard time doing it. The only other "service issue" we had was in the Crystal Room. We went with 2 other couples and we sat for over 20 minutes until we ever saw a waiter. We are not complainers at all, but it was a little frustraing sitting with no drinks, no nothing for so long. We eventually complained to the hostess that we had not seen a waiter for over 20 minutes and after that we had 3 different people waiting on us for the rest of the night. The food was great and well worth the wait.

ROOMS: We booked a concierge room & got a call from SAndals the week before we left and asked if we wanted to upgrade to a Villa w/ Butler service for $100. It was the best $100 we have ever spent! Our butlers were Levant, Everett & Orlando. They were great! 1 butler definetly worked harder than the rest, but all were very nice & truly would do whatever we needed. We did not "use" the butlers as much as alot of people. Some were using them to bring them drinks, food, etc on the beach. They will pretty much do whatever you ask. The reservations were already made when we got there which was awesome and the reserving of the pool chairs was a definite perk! If you can afford, upgrade for sure! The other 2 couples that went stayed in the Manor building. They did have nice ocean views but the rooms were basic hotel rooms. Nothing more than you could find at a Holiday Inn Expess or other higher end chain hotel. The Villas weren't super big, but you felt like you were at a "resort" and not just a hotel.

FOOD: The food was awesome! Way better than we ever expected! Our favorite was Kimono's. Chef Tiny was AMAZING!!! Hey really puts on a show. If you have a chance, request Tiny as your chef. You will not be disappointed. We ate everywhere but Baccarat. Gordon's on the Pier was unbelievable! Awesome view & great food! The brick oven pizza is a must!

GROUNDS: The pools were large, but cold. The last day we were there we thought they felt quite a bit warmer & we overheard someone saying they were heating them. Hot tubs were everywhere and always enough room for you. The best thing about the pools was the heated pool in the Royal Village where we stayed. We honestly spent more time in there than anywhere else. The beaches are plenty big and we never had a problem finding chairs on the beach. Pool chairs were hard to come by if you didn't have a butler reserve them for you unless you get down there real early. The offshore island was awesome! It was definetly the best "sun day" we had. We relaxed on the beach and by the pool all day before eating at Goombay before going back to the main island. You have to go over there! It is well worth the trip.

ENTERTAINMENT: Nightly entertainment was kind of hokey. There was 1 night they did "battle of the sexes" which was absolutely hysterical, but after the shows were over they advertised a "dance party" but no one ever stayed.

DOWNTOWN: We went into the straw market downtown which alot of posters recommended. They must have been CRAZY! That place is a nut house! I was in that straw market for about 15 seconds before I felt closterphobic (which I am not) and could not wait to get out ! Tip: Do not go on Fridays. This is the day the cruise ships dock and there are people everywhere! Vendors bring in souviners on Fridays to the resort. Do that instead!

The dealbreaker for me was the Bahamas airport! It is the most ridiculous airport I have ever been in! The customs' guy told us that the Bahamas was ranked #8 as the worst airport in the world! I am surprised they are not higher actually! Security line is absolutely ridiculous and the people are extremely rude! Every passenger gets "frisked" and every bag gets completely gone through one by one. They do not care if you make your connection flights or not! If a plane is delayed or cancelled, they take care of all those passengers before they will allow any more planes to go out. We were delayed 2 hrs due to a cancelled flight and missed our connection flight, which caused us to stay in Dallas overnight w/ no bags.

All in all Bahamas was very beautiful! We have traveled to Mexico twice (Cancun & PLaya) and Jamaica once. We would rank Bahamas behind JAmaica as our favorite place. Jamaican people were just so much friendlier and they truly seemed to love their jobs. The bahamian people were very friendly and polite, but sometimes you got the impression they were friendly because some told them they "had to" be polite, not because they wanted to be, with the acception of the butlers. We had a great time (until we got the airport) and am really glad we went. I would definetly recommend this resort, especially for 1st time all-inclusive travelers, but I am not sure we will be going back just because the airport left such a bad taste in our mouth.

Schaumburg
Reviewed March 14, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a six night stay at the Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort located in Nassau, Bahamas. This was our sixth visit to this property in four years. This is a convenient destination to reach since it is less than an hour flight from several Florida coastal cities (on American Airlines/Eagle). Roundtrip transportation is included in the rate and a Sandals representative is conveniently located in a kiosk outside the luggage area. The van service was ready and waiting when we arrived at the curb, followed by a short ten minute ride to the hotel. Private transportation is provided in a Sandal's owned Mercedes Benz or Rolls Royce if you opt for a more expensive package. Upon arrival, the van is met by staff that take your luggage as you proceed to the concierge area. This comfortabe seating area inside the Manor building has concierge staff that greet you and offer a glass of orange juice, champagne, or a refreshing combination of the two (our choice for sure). When we requested a different room than had been assigned, concierge staff member Chrislyn quickly checked for availability of another choice, and escorted us to the room for consideration. This room was great, and where we spent the six nights. One of the nine dining choices is a Japanese restaurant call Kimonos. A chef that goes by the nickname of Tiny does a great job, and states that you should never trust a skinny chef! I know Tiny has been cooking at the restaurant since our first visit. There are two noteable bartenders, Keno Johnson and Shanirre Dames, that have also been employed for at least four years. When we walked into the bars they separately work in, each came around and greeted us a with a hug, and remembered what we drank. Keno and his wife have a four month old son that he was proud to share pictures of. Keno, have you put on weight? These two gentlemen and other staff mentioned here are the reason, along with the resort, why we continue to return for vacations Other noteable bartenders in the Pub are Mark and Ansell. One evening each week the resort hosts a returning guests reception and dinner, including live music for entertainment throughout the evening. During the event, hotel management staff make presentations to guests that have achieved milestones in Sandal's Signature Guest rewards program. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised to be ceremoniously presented with two pair of silver sandals charms in recognition of our total of 35 nights stayed at Sandals, much less at the same location. My wife also enjoyed my lobster and hers, and most of her steak. All during the event, as well as the stay, there were Sandal's photographers taking shots that you can later choose to purchase in different renditions. One photographer, Marvin, took some great shots of us that we cherish and will share with family and friends. Another long time emloyee, Damien Hall, assists guests with planning returning trips to Sandal's resorts (they call it SOON COME BACK), and helped us immensely Finally, as we were waiting to be picked up by the van to return to the airport, a Sandal's driver named Patrick peered out the window of the Rolls Royce parked in the driveway and said we looked like we needed a special ride back, which he provided in that beautiful RR.
Our complements to not only the notable staff mentioned here, but all Sandal's Royal Bahamian staff. Every one of them that you pass in the halls, elevators or on the property has a smile and a pleasant greeting to share with you. We strongly recommend this all inclusive resort and will return.

Ron & Gwen Ray

Wisconsin
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We have stayed at many Sandals and this trip was quite disappointing. The resort was lovely but really needed some TLC. The people, though very friendly, were just not on top of things. The water worked sometimes and sometimes not, the food was OK, but not great, you could not get a pool chair unless you went out very early and reserved. I have had much better stays at other Sandals resorts.

• Stayed March 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection