My Fiance' and I stayed here Mar 23-30th. Hands down this place was awesome. When we first arrived, we were greated with a Champagne toast. Generally it was nice however we were very tired after flying all night from California. I booked the cheapest room in the place and that is what I got. However.... I politely went to the front desk and asked for a more quiter room on the same floor. Trudy put me up on the sixth floor with ocean view in the Manor House. Thank you so much, it made our vacation one I'll never forget.
The food hear was excellent in general except for the outdoor cafe. Crystal Room was close to 5 star if not on the money. We actually ate at the Graycliff restaraunt while we were there and between two couples we spent around $600.00 for dinner and drinks. I would eat at the Crystal any day of the over the Graycliff. Graycliff was about a 2-3 star restaraunt. Kimonos was excellent and a great way to meet other couples. The Baccarat was superb, Cricketers Pub was good as well as Spices and the drinks in general are good however you will get a fair share of not so good ones. If you don't like it, toss it and ask for a better one.
We could have went to the offshore Island everyday except one however we only went 3 times. We wish would have went more. It's not a clothing optional beach however no one cares. There were some couples that did not including myself. The only thing is the last boat heads over around 3 p.m.. Snorkeling was awesome as well as the other sports i.e. kayaking, windsurfing etc.
We did not care to much for downtown Nassau. There were not that many good deals to be found. Alot of the same stuff over and over again at the Straw Market. Mostly T-Shirts and Baskets.
I spoke to the GM at Sandals about the bad reviews that this resort had received and we had a short but to the point conversation about it. Basically, Sandals knows they are the best at what they do and I tend to agree. Some of these are more than likely competitors and some may be those hard to please folks that landed there with some very challenging circumstances i.e. bad weather, the airlines lost their luggage, they got the room I first did and did not say anything about and on and on. You can't please everyone under all circumstances.
In summary, we would definitely choose the Sandals Royal Bahamian again and plan to go back. If you would like to email me for more details regarding our stay or recommendations, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
btw... Calvin is the best bartender :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau