Having just returned from SRB, I must admit that from the reviews I have read about this resort, my arrival in Nassau came with trepidation. What I discovered from my visit at this resort is that the negative reviews of this resort come from those who must hold their heads way above everyone else, for this resort meets and at times exceeds what I would expect from an all-inclusive resort. Using past reviews, my wife and I were able to make the most of our 20th anniversary vacation by booking a deluxe room, successfully obtaining dining reservations 4 of 5 nights and taking advantage of most of the resort's amenities. The Windsor building is the newest of two buildings and the rooms are nicely appointed, on par with most 4 star hotels I have stayed in. The Manor building, although much older, is elegantly appointed and probably falls in line with what one would expect from an older "classic" hotel like the Essex House in NY or the Peabody Hotel in Memphis. Meals were not exceptional, but better than average. Choices are plentiful, although I think that Club Med offers a wider selection of items on their buffet. The dinner selections are quite good if you are fortunate as we were to get reservations in three main dining rooms, Baccarat, Crystal and Cafe Goombay. We found entertainment to be lacking, but made up for that by hanging out in the piano bar after dinner. Bars are plentiful...you never have to walk more than 25 feet and the selections are adequate...most premium brands. Despite what others may say, the pours are generous and if your drinks are not strong enough, the staff is more than willing to accomodate your needs. On that note, the staff are the most cordial and accomodating I have come across in quite a long time. Everyone was willing to go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Water sports were adequate, although trade winds were strong at times, limiting sailing and other water sports.
I would highly recommend a side trip to Atlantis just to see the grounds. The aquarium has one of the finest collections of marine life around. Prices for everything from drinks, to food, to gambling are priced for the high rollers and with everything that SRB had to offer, we found no reason to spend anything but our time touring the facility on our own. The straw market in town is not the classic straw market of early year, but rather a flea market full of counterfit leather products and tie-dye shirts. A great place to get jamacian dreadlock hat, if your in the market of such an item!
If you plan on travel to SRB, I highly suggest that you arrange with your cellphone company for service on the island as calls to the states run in the neighborhood of $2.00 a minute and internet service is even more expensive.
All in all, we were had such an enjoyable time at SRB, that we will definitely consider another Sandals vacation in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Agoda, Reservation Counter, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau