More information can be found on www.traveltheories.com
We spent our honeymoon here in August 2006. This is an adult, couples-only, all-inclusive resort, and the guests were almost exclusively couples on their honeymoon or celebrating an anniversary. As explained in our orientation, Sandals has a sister chain of resorts, Beaches, for those couples once they start families.
A great bonus to booking with Sandals is a free transfer to the airport, and the resort has plenty of shuttles, so there is little or no wait to leave the airport. Upon arrival at the resort, we were greeted with champagne, a little gift bag of shampoo and lotion, and a schedule of available activities for the week. Tips are included, and the staff is not allowed to accept them, so you can just put your wallet in the safe and forget about it all week. We stayed in a Royal Village Luxury room with a garden view. It was not one of the more expensive rooms, but it was nice to walk out into lush gardens, and we were only a minute’s walk away from the breakfast buffet.
The food was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend the duck at the Baccarat and the entertainment at Kimonos. Dinner is formal at most of the restaurants, with the women usually wearing dresses and the men wearing business casual (a little dressier than the khakis and polo shirt you can get away with at other resorts). At least one restaurant is open at all times, with Cricketers Pub being the late night option.
For the most part, we relaxed in the pools and had drinks at the swim up bars. However, there were a number of activities available and for the most part no pressure from the staff to take part. We played beach volleyball, went to a comedy show, and took advantage of the free tour to the Bacardi plant. The tour was a only a short bus ride away, consisted of about 15 minutes of actual explanation of the rum-making process, and ended with all the free samples you could want, including a delicious banana rum in a frozen strawberry drink.
Overall, we had a wonderful time at Sandals and enjoyed just the right amount of sun, pools, activities, and food. I cannot wait until my next Sandals experience.
Favorite things about this resort: romantic atmosphere, great food, Bacardi tour.
Least favorite things: getting called up on stage during the comedy show.
Recommendations: Check the forecast carefully before scheduling. We got great prices by going during hurricane season, but Sandals no longer offers the guarantee of a new vacation if a hurricane hits as it did when we were there. Fortunately, we only ran into a few hours of rain that happened to coincide with the first Saturday of the football season, so we were able to watch our game and then get back outside.
If possible, avoid scheduling your flight with US Airways. It felt like a second class flight the entire time, and there is nothing quite like watching your belongings spill out all over the baggage claim carousel because the baggage handlers decided to tear apart your bags (yes, those are footprints on the bags in the pictures).
Ratings (10-point scale):
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau