I have read many of the reviews on this TripAdvisor web site and the only conclusion I can come to is that anyone who rate any Sandals resort as anything other than terrible is nuts.
The Royal Bahamian is a garbage can. I wouldn't send my worst enemy their even if it was free. It stinks, the food is awful, the drinks are pathetic, the grounds are dirty, the staff is rude, and management is willing to give everyone a gift certificate to return free as apology for the horrendous accomodations.
We walked into our beach front room, which smelled like the beach had spent the week in the room. It was nausiating. Damp, musty, rusty, corroded, mildewed, etc. Get the picture?
So we asked for another room, same story. So we asked for another higher end room and we were willing to pay the difference, same story.
Bottom line, we checked out and went to the Hilton, what a relief. Real accomodations, clean, respectful staff, good food, etc.
Sandals has given us a gift certificate to stay at any of their resorts over the next 2 years. They can keep the money, the Comfort Inn in East Jesus has better accomodations. I will NEVER set foot in a Sandals "resort" as long as I am on the earth.
I want to say that I am not some elitest, I am a regular guy who expects a 4 star or 5 star resort to look and act like one.
Bottom line is, I have chosen to forfeit my $3000 because in two years THEY won't spend 50 cents on improving their "resorts" .
DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY and don't believe the reviews on TripAdvisor, the good reviews are written by the staff and management of the resort. The bad ones are written by real people who stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Unique Vacations Inc, Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau