I have to warn all people thinking of traveling to Sandals properties of the terrible Hurricane Protection they have. With the recent hurricanes that have hit the Caribbean, Sandals closed a couple of the resorts. I was planned to fly out on Saturday for my 10 year anniversary to Sandals Royal Bahamian. The resort is closed for repairs.
Okay I'm a pretty easy guy so I just wanted to move the trip to another week in November. No problem but it will be $400 more. This is addition to the costs covered by my travel insurance. This really set me off. I can't believe I have to pay more money for a trip I already purchased. Sandals has a special deal wth the airlines where if you bought the trip through them instead of an agent, you can get the additional charges covered. If you went through an agent, you can't. I went through one of their top agents who ssold the most Sandals packages for 7 years and tthey still couldn't get Sandals to budge on this.
I also found out that many customers who had their reservations cancelled through October to the Royal Bahamian are being rescheduled and having to additional pay at the higher rates for the weeks they are moving to. This could add up to hundreds and hundreds more.
Being a person who's stayed at SuperClubs, Alegro, etc., I'm really surprised at this behavior. This is terrible customer service.
I tried calling Signature Guest and didn't get any help. I tried Sandals Help Desk and got no help.
Bottom line if you are traveling during Hurricane Season, think twice about Sandals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau