People who do not like this resort either had a VERY different experience than we did, or are people who enjoy complaining...
My husband and I went to the Royal Bahamian for our 5th anniversary. We previously stayed at the Sandals in Montego Bay twice, so we knew somewhat what to expect. More on that later...
From start to end, the trip was wonderful. When we got off the plane, the customs line was short, we made it through everything and were on the bus to the resort within an hour. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very pleasant gentleman who escorted us to the reception room, where they served champagne as we fillled out the required credit card information for incidentals (i.e. phone calls, charges to your room, etc.)
The resort itself is beautiful. Two HUGE pools, two swim up bars at those pools, and lots of pretty gardens and whatnot to look at. The food was excellent, I had no problem with anything with the exception of the scrambled eggs on the buffet (have them make you an omlette or eggs to order!) and the service was very cordial. At times, the service wasn't the FASTEST service I have ever seen, but you're on vacation and generally have no where to go anyway, so what does it matter? But for the most part, the service was just as good or better than we receive here in Tampa, for those that receive tips.
They have all sorts of water sports to do, and the playmakers are there if you want to play volleyball, beer pong, etc. Or you can just hang out in your room, as we did twice.
The thing that is nice, about Sandals in general, is that everything is included- you don't have to budget your money, you don't have to carry around your wallet... you do whatever you want, whenever you want, and eat and drink as much as you can. If you don't like something, tell them you want something else. If you can't decide between two dinners, ask for a half portion of both. (My husband did this all week!) Also, almost every single person there is completely in love. There are no single groups of girls or men. There are (with a few exceptions) no dirty old men checking out the women. Everyone is happy with who they are with. Which makes it a lot easier to talk to other people at the resort and make friends (for men at least, right??)
The only thing that I could possibly say negative about the resort is the rooms. And this is only because I stayed in Montego Bay twice, where all the rooms are beachfront, and nothing is over two stories... if you are looking for a true "beachfront" room, this is not the place for you. We were upgraded to the villas, which are not on the beach. But even those who paid for beachfront rooms were not truly beachfront. The two blocks of rooms (actually two separate hotels at one time) are perpendicular to the beach, so none of them are truly beachfront. So if that's your thing, I would suggest going to the Montego Bay resort.
One other thing- take some bug spray (or ask the waiters for some) when you go to the island for dinner. The mosquitos are awful over there at night, but the food is worth it, and as soon as you put the bug spray on, you're good as gold.
Again, I think the only people who complain about this resort are people who had a completely bizarre experience there or people who just complain about everything. There are so many more wonderful things about the resort, I can't imagine focusing on the few "downfalls" that it may have had. I could go on and on about what was great, but you all should see for yourself.
If you are concerned about the high price of the resort, go to Montego Bay. It's about half the price, and just as beautiful. They have a few less restaurants, but the resort and the people in Jamaica are wonderful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau