After three weeks of traveling from San Francisco to Las Vegas we were ready for our week in paradise!!!
However when we got there we found it was not quite the paradise we had been looking forward too!
We were put in one of the Villas and told this was an upgrade, yes the room was spacious and the mini bar was stacked with branded spirits however they were the only positives.
We felt that the room was very dated, the bath was stained and when you turned the shower on (every time) the water came out brown, you definitely would not want a bath in there!!!
On two separate occasions we found that there were lizards on the wall in the bedroom and if that wasn't bad enough every morning when we woke up we would have been bitten!!!
The pools were both lovely and the staff working there were excellent extremely friendly and always happy to help! The one complaint about the pool area was that there was never enough towels by 1pm they would have ran out by both pools which was slightly annoying!!!
We both felt that the food let the hotel down dramatically, in 6 nights we only had one nice meal and that was at Baccarat. We felt at the other restaurants the food was served either cold or warm it was NEVER hot!! From choosing your starter this was served to you within 2 minutes of ordering it and then your main course would arrive immediately after it was clear that the food is prepared in bulk and heated up, it never tasted fresh which resulted in the food being left and is having late snacks at the cricketers pub!!!
The best food there was the pizza station and the afternoon tea which you would not mind of you were not spending thousands of pounds to spend a week in luxury!!
If your thinking of going there looking for paradise I would strongly consider looking elsewhere!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau