We travelled to the Bahamas with British airways as a belated honeymoon and stayed at the Royal Bahamian, its the first time we have stayed in a sandals resort and was not sure what to expect, as the reviews were mixed. We stayed for 10 nights in a cottage style room, it was overlooking the gardens which I didn't mind as it was very quiet and peaceful. Many travellers preferred a room with a sea view, and were asking to upgrade but the rooms were really comfortable and had everything we needed. The room was cleaned regularly, the only gripe I would have is the mini bar was stocked for a couple of days and then we had to ask when it ran low. We had a pool to ourselves most days, these are dotted around the cottages, as most people went to the big pool or the beach. It felt like we had our own villa!!
The food was fine for us, and we did not have a problem booking the restaurants. Spices restaurant was the best I think personally, the service was great and the staff always seemed genuinely pleased to see you. You don't have to worry about a thing at sandals just relax and enjoy your holiday. We met some great people from Canada and the USA, and had many a good night at the cricketers pub!!
Overall a great holiday, would definitely go to another Sandals resort.
British airways were a let down, they lost my luggage on the way out and it did not arrive for 3 days, and going back home even though I had booked and paid for my seats, we had to wait two hours to see if we could get on the plane as they had over booked, a regular thing apparently, we eventually got on the plane but not the seats I paid for. Not the service I expected really, would rather have gone with easy jet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau