We are experienced Sandals vacationers (Grande Riviera, Grande St Lucian, Antigua, Exuma) so my review is based on previous experiences. We chose this resort because of ease of transportation for a quick end of spring getaway to simply relax and SCUBA dive.
The rooms were amazing, clean, large, modern, and easily accessible and near the beach and pools. We had a walk-out butler room on the ground level of Balmoral Tower (114 I think). The staff were great, our butlers were phenomenal. The dive staff were great, loved hanging out with them on the boat.
However, the food was suboptimal in all the restaurants including their so-called 5 star dining area. It wasn't bad food, just boring and uninteresting.
The diving was OK, not much to see in the reefs, some good wreck. Absolutely do the shark dive with Sandals - it was a amazing. The snorkelling and diving overlap so only 1-2 days could we do both, which was an issue for my wife who doesn't dive.
Lastly, the main downside for us may not be a problem for others...this resort is in Nassau and you see and know that wherever you go. There is no feeling of "getting away', no sense of paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau