“A very nice experience”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A very nice experience”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We like to take a lot of vacations so we usually go for more budget friendly resorts favoring quantity over quality. We decided to spend the extra money and book Sandals. The experience was great. Favorite things: Must go to the offshore island to eat at Stewfish. It was so beautiful and romantic. Every single staff member said Hello, very friendly but not overbearing. Premium liquor, pretty much anything you wanted, or they would get it for you. Loved the wide variety of dining options. The scuba diving option was great, we went every day.
Things I would change: A mini bar in the room. We requested beer and wine in our room and they were very accommodating, but why not stock the rooms? I would definitely spend the extra money and get the butler service and ocean view rooms, we did not have a balcony and only a partial ocean view. It would be nice to have snacks in the room as well, especially after scuba diving and being in the sun all day. One night, we did not feel like leaving our room to eat and we were starving. When we called room service we were told it was not offered to our room, we called back and asked very nicely. Finally, they agreed and we were able to get room service for dinner and breakfast the next day. NOT sure what is up with that. Its all inclusive??

Room Tip: The spa was so so, don't waste your money. Go to Stewfish offshore. The Baccaret food was grea...
3 Thank nursedocstl4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,041)
  • Polish first
Haddington, East Lothian
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Just returned from getting married here. We knew exactly how we wanted our day to be and were worried they would rail road us into something we werent! They didnt! Amanda was our wedding coordinator, and what an amazing job she did. She made us feel so relaxed and adapted the day to suit us perfectly. Thank you so much Amanda, we have amazing memories of our day.

The service at this hotel was great. Everyone so friendly and really seemed like they wanted to be there and serve you.(apart from one girl at stew fish who was rude) but she was the only one!!

Our butlers vanessa and melekah wow! Fantastic at there job. Levi so funny and great guy but abit forgetful!!!

Kamone took exellent wedding photos, so thankyou, we are so happy with them.

Only issue is I would say the rooms need upgraded.

Ive read alot of reviews regarding the food not being good. Im a real food person and I was very pleased with it. We lived on fillet steak and lobster for a week. The fish is amazing!

Thanks for an amazing wedding!

Steven & Kirsty Thomson

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank thomson11
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My new husband and I just stayed for almost a week at the Sandals resort. The setting was beautiful and the staff was friendly. We had the butler service which was amazing. We made friends with one of the staff named Clay who went out of his way to make our stay fun and special. Everything was perfect until we went to leave. I specifically asked the staff if our departing flight arrangements were squared away and they told us yes, and to meet our driver at 10:30 for our ride to the airport. Much to our surprise we got to the airport and they told us WE MISSED OUR FLIGHT HOME. The staff gave us the wrong time and our whole day was ruined, waiting for another flight which was then DELAYED. Long story short our whole travel day home was a mess. And I called to talk to the manager and she said she would call me back and never did. NOT COOL. but the rest of the trip was awesome! just make sure you check your own flights when you leave...

2 Thank Danielle e
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hello Danielle,

We were pleased that you had an amazing honeymoon stay at Sandals Royal Bahamian, however we regret to hear about the confusion with your flight and transportation. Our staff members strive to make sure all of our guests' needs are met until they return home and we apologize for the unfortunate mix-up.
I have sent you a private message to obtain a few additional details about your visit with us and to also see about having someone reach out to you. We hope this small mishap does not deter you from visiting us in the future and we look forward to providing you with an even better vacation experience.

Thank you for your continued patience.
Dilworth, Minnesota
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went to Sandals in St Lucia last year and had the best time ever so thought we would try another one and went to the Royal Bahamian this year. There were lots of positives and Negatives of this place.

Food: For Dinner the food was excellent at all of the restaraunts except Stew fish (Horrible). Breakfast and lunch were just so-so however the Pizza place was amazing.

Pool: they have 2 main pool areas a quiet pool and one that plays music and a few games (Lacking a little on entertainment) You never had to worry about getting a lounge chair which was great but both pools were sooo cold I never got into them. They also have a pool on the Island which is just as cold and harder to find seats around.

Rooms: It's hard for me to review this area because I always book the cheapest room as we don't spend much time in there so I don't need much.

Staff: Some of the staff was amazing and friendly like the guys in the Pub and the Playmakers. I feel the front desk was lacking a little on service they made me feel like I was bothering them when asking for reservations to dine, and also the water sports staff was very unfriendly.

Entertainment: They held a Junkanoo party on friday which is usually my favorite part of Vacations but this was the worst one I have been to. There weren't enough places for people to sit and I couldn't see the show. They put on a lot of shows in the theater they had some good and some bad.

Overall I will still go to another Sandals but probably not back to this one. If you haven't vacation much you would probably love this resort but now that I have been to a few all inclusive resorts I know what I could be getting and what I like. St. Lucia was much more amazing in my opinion.

2 Thank andreadanderson
Hello Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Sandals Royal Bahamian. We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations for service and quality on your recent stay with us. As a returning Sandals guest, you are well-aware of the high standards that we set for ourselves and we are disappointed that you felt that we did not fully reach this goal. As hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your valuable input.

We strive to meet our motto: Luxury All-Inclusive Vacations for Two People in Love. We are in a constant state of evolving our resorts and updating our amenities so I will be sure to send your concerns to the relevant departments and they will be looking into them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our lovely resorts in the future for an even better time.
Wallaceburg, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2014

From the moment we checked in until we left was amazing. To start (and sandals management pay attention to this) we were checked in by Anton. This young man does an amazing job and as one of your first impressions the work this man does for this resort is priceless. Your rich auntie and uncle from Canada miss you. This was our honeymoon and expectations were high and we were not disappointed. Our room which was a junior suite with on ocean view was very clean and spacious with a bar that was stocked with everything from juice and pop to champagne. We ate dinner at Casanova several times and the meals did not disappoint. From the steak to the pasta every meal was great and the gelato for dessert was amazing. We generally had breakfast at Spice which was a buffet, do not miss the made to order omelettes and we did order room service on several occasions which was also delicious. We had the pleasure of having a candlelit dinner on the beach served by Stephen. The food was out of this world and Stephen was another example of how the front line workers who are the face of the company can make your stay amazing. Another fine young man who spoke for quite a long time not only about our country but his as well, very informative. Spent the better part of the day on Sandals Cay their private island. Very beautiful place and seemed to be very secluded and private to just lay in the sun or search the beach for shells and coral. Went snorkeling one day which was another great experience, great guides that were more than happy to answer questions or help any way they could. Ate lunch by the pool from the pizzeria or ate at the Royal Café for lunch, very delicious Texas burger. Had supper at Crickets Pub and had fish and chips which was appropriate since it was an English pub which was another great place for fun and food late at night. Our last night we ate at the Chrystal room and the white glove service was not only phenomenal so was the food. Out of this world!!!!!!! On Friday night we got to experience a Junkaroo which was a blast. From the fire dancers to the Junkaroo band to the marching band "urban renewal 2.0" this celebration did not disappoint. Those young ladies and gentlemen in that marching band cannot get enough praise, party rock anthem played by a marching band is an experience in itself. The shows that were done were very professional and the dancers were great. The show Thriller was great as was Dream in color. Very modern and choreographed perfectly. My only bad comment would be the set up of the theatre was that it didn't give you a great view unless you were down front or at the railing, if you were in the back on the couches the view wasn't as great. Loved the fire pits down by the beach was a very nice touch. Overall the food was great, the room was great and the service was phenomenal. From the front desk to the servers to the wonderful people that took care of our rooms to the photographers and the wait staff everything was perfect. The only thing I would change if I could would be not having to leave. We were never so sad to have to end a vacation as we were the day we left, hopefully some day we'll be back and hopefully Anton I can bring you that Porsche I promised you.

5 Thank patrick w
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The resort overall was nice. For the most part the employees were friendly. The only employees that were consistently rude were the bartenders. DO NOT use their spa services. It was the biggest waste of money. I received a pedicure and manicure and it was the worst I've ever received. The paint job was terrible and they barely massaged my legs and they didn't massage my arms at all. For $80 plus the automatic $10 gratuity, you would expect a better service. My only other complaint would be that a large rat was spotted while eating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank SyedaThomas
Dear Syeda,

We thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Bahamian and for your valuable input. We are happy that overall you enjoyed your time at the resort and found most of the staff to be very warm and hospitable. Nevertheless, we were surprised to note that you were not fully satisfied with the service at the spa or from the bar staff, as we often receive high praise from our guests in regards to their professionalism. We are disappointed that your experience was not indicative of the norm and apologize if we did not meet your expectations.
Your concerns have been communicated to all the managers of the relevant departments and also the General Manager. I assure you that they also value your feedback and are taking the necessary action to ensure that we do not receive similar comments from future guests.
We hope you afford us another opportunity on a future visit with us to provide you with the true Sandals experience.
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at sandals royal bahamian! What a great trip! Jennifer Doncsez at travelbyvip.com was amazing in helping my family and i choose a great vacation spot. We had a blast we had a great shark dive and really enjoyed all the food at the resort. I would recommend not only sandals for a great vacation but also travelbyvip.com the were so helpful and we will defintely use VIP and SANDALS again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection