Unfortunately I took ill on the last day of our holiday and this may have coloured my thoughts about Sandals but I will review this fairly.
The weather wasn't great and for the first couple of days you could only get to the island going by bus to another pier - which we did on the 3rd day and we just loved it. We went on several other days from the pier at the resort which only took a few minutes - well worth it. We snorkelled from the other side of the island and saw Turtles several times - amazing. We did enjoy the food in all the restaurants. Also loved sitting on the sofas by the fire pitts in the evening. The Piano Bar sounded like a very BAD KARAOKE BAR but we did have a few good nights there meeting up with people you'd met during the day and the bar staff were great and made us lots of lovely drinks. We were very disappointed in our room - definitely not the "luxury" that it claims - drawers wouldn't open and close properly - bath looked dirty but it was actually scratched very badly and you couldn't fill it - just leaked through the plug. It was our 40th wedding anniversary and nothing was done to make this special for us - not even a card or a letter under our door congratulating us. We've been to other resorts (not Sandals) and have always had some sort of acknowledgement on anniversaries or birthdays even if they haven't been "special" ones. Sandals was by far much more expensive than all our other All Inclusive Carribean resorts we've been to and certainly, in our opinion, not worth the extra.
I took ill, with very bad sickness and diarrhea just an hour before we were due to be picked up for the airport. Unfortunately, the hotel nurse had finished at 5pm and the receptionist gave me some medication from the first aid box (and a carrier bag to be sick in!!). By the time we tried to check in at the airport I was severely sick and was sent to the Emergency Clinic for treatment and would not be able to fly that night. My husband phoned Sandals to explain what had happened and get us a room again - bearing in mind it would be after midnight before I'd be discharged from the clinic and that I'd actually taken ill while there. We were quoted 550$ for a room. No concern was shown as to how I was. My husband pointed out that I'd only eaten and drunk at Sandals and that the Doctor had said that the reason for my illness pointed to something that I'd eaten. Again no concern was shown. We found another room elsewhere. On arriving home we received an e-mail from Sandals asking us for feedback on our holiday. My husband pointed out what had happened and that we were disappointed in the "Customer Care" and lack of concern as to my well-being, but surprise, surprise - no response from Sandals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau