We stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of February in a concierge level waterfront view room which was pricey. The view was beautiful to wake up to though and that was worth the price of the trip. There seems to be minimal benefit from the concierge level other than alcohol in the room. We never heard from a concierge to see if we needed anything and had to call and make our own reservations. Butler service may have been more worth it.
The room was smaller than expected but clean and renovated in the tower. Housekeeping was excellent everyday. The wake up call was perfect daily. We ate every morning at Spices which was the buffet with very pleasnt hostess but minimal service there - took multiple requests daily just for water. They had made to order eggs and omlettes - which was good and a variety of fruits. They also had a machine that squeezed fresh orange juice and smoothies. This was the best food we had while we were here. We ate at stewfish for lunch with cold fries and tasteless fish wrap. They had what tasted like leftover cake and tasteless cookies for dessert. Stewfish for dinner had a good seafood chowder (very similar to what I had the night before at the Crystal room) and beef tenderloin which was ok. My husband got jerked pork chop which was dry, overcooked, tasteless - inelibile and I gave him my beef. We ate at Kimonos which was decent but the sauces all tasted the same on the meat, fish, shrimp. Once again dessert was tasteless chocolate cake which had been served to us multiple times. We had a good app at the Pub - Homemade potato chips with blue cheese and fish and chips. This was the only location that had a decent sweet treat - hot apple crumble and sticky toffee pudding.
Alcohol drinks at the bars seemed to be very watered down. The Soco bottle was clearly not full strength and that could be noted just from the color of the liquor. We didnt have an issues with bar or pool bar service.
We went to the Sandals Cay island twice, which was pretty and secluded - once when we had dinner and it was freezing and you had to wait to catch the boat back 1 hr after finishing dinner which was a drawback.
The pools were not heated and were completely freezing so they were useless to us. The hot tubs were nice in the evening and clean. The pool by the tower was always clean. The pool in the older section was greenish, cloudy and I wouldnt have wanted to get in that pool anyway.
The airport transfers were easy and pleasant but they expect a tip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau