We stayed from December 21-26 at this resort and booked another stay at Sandals Halycon in St. Lucia for our anniversary. This was our third stay at a Sandals resort. This resort is smaller compared to Sandals Grande Antiqua and has an active side with more entertainment (pool near the Windsor Building) and a laid back side (pool near Balmoral Tower). There are cute, quiet villas if you want to be away from the crowds. The beach is a private cove which is small but well maintained and gorgeous. There are many free water activities you can take advantage of while there. Parasailing and jet skiing is available but is not part of Sandals so you will have to pay a private individual for these activities if you are interested.
Room: We booked a concierge level, which I did not see the benefit in this room category at all. Unless, you just want the stocked mini bar, I did not see the value in this room when you can get alcohol at any of the bars or restaurants 24 hr. a day. Also, the concierge did not book any spa treatments or dinner reservations for us. Maybe, I didn't take full advantage of the concierge. The only thing the concierge did during our 5 night stay was check us out. In my opinion, the concierge level room is not worth it. We stayed in all 3 categories so far (standard, concierge and butler). So, I would advise you to save your money and book the lowest level category or the Butler level.
Food: All the food was good. Spices is good for breakfast and lunch (buffet style). Royal Cafe is a good place to eat for lunch if you want to grab something quick. Crystal Room's crab legs are amazing. Baccarat's baked lobster is great and this restaurant requires a reservation. So book this restaurant as soon as you get here. Cassanova is also very good and the pizza place is okay for a quick snack.
Things to Do: Lots of water activities and entertainment at the resort or choose to be a beach bum if this is what you like Go to Sandals Cay (Sandal's private island). The ferry will take you over. It is a quick 7- 10 minute ride. The ferry runs every hour from 10- 4 and you can also make dinner reservations at Cafe Goombay. The island has pools, lots of seating, a spa, a restaurant and is peaceful since it is away from the main Sandal's property. Bring your towels. Also, jump on the # 10 bus right in front of Sandals to check out downtown and the "Fish Fry', which is a strip of local restaurants. We tried Oh Andros and is was delicious and the bahama mama was a refreshing delight. The bus was easy to catch and downtown and the Fish Fry is only 10 min. away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Prestigia, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau