My husband and I traveled to Nassau to the Sandals Royal Bahamian in May 2012 with three other couples. We had already been to the Sandals in Montego Bay Jamaica so we were able to do a comparison between the two Sandals resorts. Sandals Royal Bahamian in my opinion was way more beautiful than Montego Bay. There were two things that I liked better in Jamaica, the fruit and the people, but other than that Royal Bahamian wins hands down.
First of all the beaches are absolutely beautiful. I have never seen such crystal clear water. If you visit Royal Bahamian make sure to stay in the Manor building. It has recently been refurbished and feels brand new. We stayed in room 105 which was a ground floor (perfect) right next to a fire pit and pool with swim up bar. This pool is less crowded then the other one. The other pool usually has music playing so I liked being in a more tranquil environment. I can’t tell you how pleased I was with this room! The food is good and drinks are plenty. They stock your room daily with beverages and I mean stock! There are full bottles of rum, wine, champagne, cokes, cocktail mixers like cranberry juice, etc. If you drink everything in one night you will have a full bar the next day.
Opt for snorkeling through Sandals. We did two snorkeling adventures and believe it or not the free one through Sandals was better. Take a trip one night down to Atlantis and go to the aquarium and casino. Stay away from the shops in town. Most of the stuff is junk unless you like weaved baskets with your name on them that’s pretty much what you are left with.
The only negative was a sewage smell that was around the restaurant pier which came and went. I stayed on the beach closer to the Manor so I wasn’t bothered by it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau