Somehow, this place manages to clean up really well for promos and pictures. I will forever cringe when I see that Sandals commercial come on TV...
The best way to describe this place is tired. It looks like it may have once been a nice hotel, but now it just looks forgotten and depressing.
The food is horrible.... and no matter which restaurant you eat, whether it be the Italian or Japanese, the food seems like it's all coming out of the same kitchen and just re-purposed to fit the theme of the restaurant. And, the food was not fresh. Forget fresh fruit, fresh fish, or fresh anything... it all tastes like the frozen bulk food you would buy at Costco, then slathered in grease.
And I can't understand the reservation system. We had to haggle with the hostess at the Japanese restaurant, Kimonos, for a half an hour for a reservation only to find half of the restaurant completely empty for the entire time we were seated for our meal. I don't get it.
The staff is nice enough, but for some reason I felt like a constant bother to them just for being there. I felt bad every time I asked for something, even if it was as simple as a glass of water.
The biggest highlight for me at the hotel was the fire pits by the beach that turned on in the evening.
I've never spent so much money for a hotel stay only to count the minutes til departure. I don't think at the rate they charge per night that it's too much to ask to have decent food and a clean, nice looking hotel. This will probably be my last stay at an all inclusive because the cost just does not make sense for meals and drinks per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau