Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
$381
Sandyport Beach Resort(Nassau)
$240
  • Pool
A Stone's Throw Away(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$183
$330
$299
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$259
$180
$266
$180
9,488 results
All reviewscrystal roombutler servicewindsor buildingwindsor poolroyal cafebutler suiterolls royceour honeymooncricketers pubstew fishred lane spapiano barspices restaurantbutler guestscandlelight dinnerquiet poolglass of champagne
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I love this resort. We have stayed at 2 other resorts ( Grand st Lucian and beaches t&c) they are great but SRB is our choice for a quick getaway from life. Only 2 hrs from NY (direct) on Jet Blue we can leave the NY/NJ winters and be sitting on a beach before noon.

The staff seems to understand they are in a special place. They don't seem to know the word no. Our favorite activity, is no activity as we spend a majority of our time sitting on the beach staring at the ocean just holding hands (and drinking a bahama mama or toasted almond). We will get up to walk in the water or stroll to the bar but here at SRB the only thing you must do is Relax!

Our third trip is this coming February can't wait!

If you love peace and quiet. Come to SRB and relax!

Room Tip: Get the cheapest room. It's for sleeping, changing and fun only.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vinny-n-Lori
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian in June/July 2012. This is one of those places you don't ever want to leave. If you do not plan on something great before you leave the depression sucks. First of all the water was the most turquise water anywhere. The bahamas are so shallow and the reflection from the sun just brings the brightness through to an almost neon color. The food was great. The hotel room was just okay but we were upgraded to a room where we had free alcohol, which was really nice. We had a pool right outside our room that nobobdy but us went in. We drank, ate and relaxed, which we never get to do. The offshore island was amazing and it was so much fun looking for shells and animals. Dinner on the island was really neat. We loved that it was dark and we were their with only a few other people. It makes you fell so privlaged to be apart of such a great resort. On our last day we did the Adventure tour to the Exuma Keys. It was the most amazing trip in our lives. Walking on the sandbar in the middle of the ocean, Sands beer on the boat, Sharks and hermit crabs everywhere. The private islands they take you to one with iguanas and the other with luch and hernit crabs, not to mention the private lagoon. Pure heaven on earth. It will be hard to top our experience at Sandals in the Bahamas. This was our third Sandals resort on 3 different islands. In March we are going to Antigua. I am sure it will be amamzing too.

Room Tip: The mediteranian village has older rooms but they are more private and low to the ground. I like to go to the carribean and feel as though I am in a more smaller resort. Not into highrises.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Danielle E
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was our first trip to the Bahamas. We were celebrating a friend's wedding and made it a long weekend holiday. And what a brilliant holiday it was! We were offered the opportunity in the week prior to our departure to upgrade to butler service, which we jumped on. Without going over the same stuff that others have posted, I will address the specific things that had concerned me from reading other reviews.

Resort: Beautiful, and didn't feel "too big". Our room, 1501, was VERY nice and exceptionally clean. Little things matter, like nice towels and comfy pillows. Nice TVs and an iPod-friendly radio. Furniture on the porch (well used for our room service breakfasts) was very comfortable. Pools were nice, both the "rowdy" and the "quiet" were nice for the respective moods. Beach was awesome, as was the island. Food was GOOD. We ate at Gordon's on the Pier, Spices as part of the rehearsal dinner and Casanova for dinners. Gordon's was very good, the others were ok...a solid B. The Cricketer's Pub and the Pizza kitchen by the beach were great options for munchies. We had one breakfast outside of our room at Spices, and it was pretty good. Lots of options to pick from and was really better than the room service we had. The island, especially the spa on the island, was fantastic...just beware when it rains that these little bugs come out and eat the crap out of you. Go over on the first boat at 10 am and spend the day...you'll love the peaceful relaxation!

People: For the most part, all the people we dealt with were very friendly and accommodating. Lots of smiles and "good mornings", etc. Bartenders, waiters and waitresses all fun loving and friendly, if a little slow. You have to get out of the rat race mentality and move to island time. I saw a lot of impatient people, and that's really too bad...you're on vacation!

Butlers: In a word...AWESOME. Picked up in a Rolls and avoid the bus transfer? Yep. Check in basically in your room straight away and avoid the crowds? Yep. Have a cabana reserved for you either on the island or on the beach or next to the pool? No problem. Have your reservations placed to whichever restaurant you want? Oh yeah. And there's other nice things in addition, but those were the highlights for us. Our team of Ray, Corey and Dianna were great. I wouldn't hesitate to use this service again.

All in all, this was a great vacation for the wife and I. The wedding was a success and the resort was brilliant. The weather, sadly, didn't cooperate all that much...we had rain everyday. But hey, we were on vacation and on a gorgeous island. The gentle sound of rain and the surf crashing onto the shore can't be beat. We will be returning to this property again without question!

5  Thank skibum123
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of Sandals Royal Bahamian. We're delighted to read that you had such an amazing stay with us. We're happy you enjoyed our beautiful resort, the exquisite dining and the genuine hospitality of our staff, especially our incredible butlers. They all will be thrilled to hear of your kind mention.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay!

Happy Travels!

Cassie C.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in the Windsor Building, St. James Consiage rooms. Lovely room, well looked after. Just ask the Consiage whatever you want and they bring it! Mini bar had litre bottles of rum, vodka,gin, brandy & whiskey, red wine. Fridge had all different types of soda, plus champagne and white wine. Three restaurants you had to reserve, Baccarat French, Goombay on the offshore island, and Kimonos tapanyacki. Goombay & Kimonos our favourites. Daily buffet restaurant was Spices, excellent choice and quality. Royal cafe, Pizzaria, also lunches. Casenovas Itailian very good. Plenty of choice. We visited the Atlantis Water Park, which is expensive but well worth it. The Water ride which lasted forever and had all sorts of different rides within it was brilliant.
The Snorking trip from Sandals was included and also worth doing, plenty of different fish & coral to see.
Offshore island was lovely definitely different, just hop over on the boat about 5mins away, this also has own pool, bar and the Goombay.
If there wasnt too many places to see in the world would definitely return.

Room Tip: Defo get Consiage services, the Windsor building being refurbished next year. Balmoral Tower and Windsor best located rooms
Reviewed October 21, 2012

First, I want to mention this is my first review on Trip Advisor. I felt compelled to write after reading some of the other reviews that had me in a state of panic prior to my (already) booked trip. We have stayed in Sandals before (St. Lucia, Montego Bay & Ocho Rios) and had wonderful experiences at all. I would say this trip was the best all around 'service' we've received.

My husband and I are around 40 years old and wanted a relaxing, sun filled get away. We WILL return to Royal Bahamian for a number of reasons: THIS EXPERIENCE WAS A FABULOUS ONE, never felt crowded, THE EXTREMELY FRIENDLY STAFF, I felt VERY safe at all times (sometimes at Sandals in Jamaica, I felt there were people/staff just hanging/lurking around and it gave me an eery feeling as they talked amongst themselves in their own language), the proximity to the US, easy transportation/distance from the airport and the many more reasons I will list below.

This resort is warm and welcoming the moment you arrive. I do wish the check in process was a bit quicker after traveling all day....we just wanted to get into our room, change into a bathing suit and go! They did give us a nice damp lemon towel and a glass of champagne- the check in process was organized, just a bit of a slower process than I had hoped for. It would be nice for returning guests to have a quicker check in (arrival to getting our room=2 hours). Our room was not ready until close to 5pm (which was about the only disapointment of this trip)-they did offer us an area to change our clothes though. We immediately set up dinner reservations upon our arrival with no problems (we just went with what she suggested/set up) and all were great.

The room was immaculate, the white linens/bedding=PRISTINE. They upgraded us as 1-800-Sandals agent promised (Unique Vacations). I agree about the washclothes though- lol only one or two at all times (and took housekeeping approx an hour to bring a few extras). We stayed in the Balmoral Tower, room 422 (upgraded after reading the reviews on this website). Very quiet, never heard a peep in the hallways or rooms around us. It had a partial water view, no balcony nor patio.

Beautiful grounds, never any signs of bugs. LOVED LOVED the firepits and various seating areas around them. We also enjoyed the cabanas overlooking the beach every day.

Take advantage of the snap shots photo people. We didn't expect it and were delightfully surprised with the cool beach shots that they took of us (and we purchased).

The food was excellent, never a bad meal. The service was beyond my expectations all the way around. They definately went the extra mile! The bartenders at every turn were very friendly, always suggested a wonderful, quality drink with a SMILE.

We did visit the 'Soon come back desk' and reserved Beaches/Ocho Rios so we can return with our kids (hopefully that will be a wonderful retreat/good choice as we've never stayed at a Beaches Resort). Upon my return home I realized it saved us only approx $250 by reserving there at the resort.

First night was Beach Party/Caribbean Night- VERY VERY disappointing. We expected interactive activities, limbo or a steel drum band/dancing. The music system was atrocious, the band was awful. Second night was local/crew dancers on stage who were good and a comedian, who was fairly okay. Third night was the 'returning guest' party which we received an invitation and a phone call reminder. This party was wonderful and made us feel very special as returning guests. They perhaps talked about their 'foundation that we could donate to- a bit too much'. Other than that, just a wonderful night and experience (and great meal). The last night was 'white night' and had a lovely instrumental singer and a chocolate table set up- VERY nice time. The singer and sax/flute player was awesome.

I do have to mention two areas in hoping that a Sandals rep will take note for future improvement:

1. The daytime entertainment seemed to lack 'the fun factor'. There only seemed to be two 'playmakers' who were not that fun in 'entertaining' the guests....just so so.
2. The water sports area (Andrew) seemed a bit disgruntled about his lack of help in his dept. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get a 10 min ride on the Hobie Cat. He said he was spread too thin and to come back (even though there was only one Hobie that was taken out). I would have LOVED to see a Catamarin boat ride and/or sunset cruise at this property!

All in all....GREAT trip! Thank you Sandals for another wonderful memory filled vacation! :-)

6  Thank Lisa S