First i want to start off by saying that i believe most of the negative reviews were written by people that did not know what to expect when visiting a Sandals property. Yes you are spending a large amount of money per night but keep in mind that covers EVERYTHING!!! not just a room.
We traveled with a large group of friends and family (7 couples) and most people stayed in the Windsor tower. We had a ocean view room (not a straight view but a wonderful view non the less). The bed was too firm for my liking but i had no problems going to sleep on it however sleeping in was uncomfortable. Not much of an issue more a great reason to get up and start your day. Our refrigerator was restocked twice a day on some days and only once on others. I only had to call once to ask for it to be restocked a second time. House keeping did forget to leave a new washcloth twice and forgot a hand towel once also ... again a quick phone call fixed the issue quickly.
The pools were great as to be expected the Windsor is the "party" pool and the Balmor pool was the "quiet" pool. Both pool bars were great. The Pool on the island is small but the bar their was great as well. My only complaint would be that their were a few times they were running out of glasses which caused for a slightly longer than expected wait for drinks at times.
The food was good ... not great but good, again just what i would expect from Sandals. This is an area where i think people have problem with what to expect. The food was never bad, at some restaurants it was great and other its was just good food. Im not going to complain about a cheeseburger i ate at midnight ... it was better than stopping at a McDonalds thats for sure. Dinner at Cafe Goombay on the island was exceptional as was the Select dinner (only available to Sandals Select members).
The Staff was great and the photographers were on spot (look for Tiko he will make you laugh), the Playmakers kept everyone active (Jason was great when you meet him tell him to FOCUS) and the dive masters kept everyone safe and helped rid the reefs of lion fish (if you think their doing it for lunch WAKE UP).
All in all it was a great trip and i wouldn't hesitate to go back again. As i matter of fact you can bet the farm i will revisit this property again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau