My Wife and I went to SRB to get married in late May 2003. 1.5 hours from Nashville to Miami, then only 45 minutes and we're there. Once at the airport all you need to do is check in with the Sandals desk and from there you needn't worry about anything for a week. We got a concierge level room in the newer Windsor building. Our room was well furnished, had a canopy bed, well stocked bar in the room w/ mixers, champagne, wine, etc. We had a fantastic view of the ocean, and the gardens and unlike some of the other reviewers, our room was very clean, and the staff made sure it stayed that way all week. ( BTW, the air conditioner worked very well, but will shut off if the large balcony door is left open. I guess Sandals doesn't want to try to air-condition the whole island.) The grounds and facilities were immaculate, the beaches were clean and like walking on powdered sugar.
We worst food we had all week was still pretty good, and the best was superb. Every member of the staff we had contact with was polite and always willing to help. If anyone is considering getting married at Sandals, my wife and I would HIGHLY recommend it. The planning for the music, flowers, video, etc only took about 30 minutes with the excellent wedding coordinators we had. It will, however take most of one day to go down to the courthouse in Nassau and complete some of the marriage license paperwork, so plan on losing most of that day. But Sandals takes care of the transportation and walks you through the legalities, so all you have to do is show up for the ride downtown. A few minor gripes... We had been there for 3 nights before they started to do the nightly turndown service. ( My wife got a big laugh out of that.) Our room wasn't ready when we got there, they don't normally promise the rooms until 2 or 3 pm. However, you do have use of the spa facilities to change clothes and go to the beach or pool, which is what we did. Advice: take a swimsuit change of clothes in your carry on bag if you plan to get there before 3 pm, that way you can be enjoying the facilities instead of sitting in the lobby waiting for the room to be ready. I know everyone has read some poor reviews by some whiny people, but if you have a good attitude and are friendly when requesting something, they will bend over backwards to make it right. We can't wait to go back for our anniversay next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau