A great way to elope. We recommend taking the upgrades when offered at a discount; they make the experience worth the extra $. Private butlers are a treat, especially Perez and Dillon offer a service that equals true professionalism and luxury.
Spend lots of time on the offshore island. Cabanas are limited but if you have butler service they will reserve and leave towels too. Ask them for a stocked cooler and a fruit cheese tray and you'll be set for the day. Lots of loungers on both sides on all beaches.
One of the main buildings (Manor) is under construction and is slated to be done March 2011. This means some construction noise when on main island beach and one pool is affected (still open but a bit less appealing).This building also houses the Fitness Facilities, so if these are important don't book until later April and on.
It is truly a couples resort. Singles and teens seemed bored and out of place.
Rooms in Windsor building are clean and well kept. Fridge was supplied whenever we asked.
The Royal Village rooms are a bit dark and dank. Need some TLC. This area is off the beaten path and very quiet.
We did get a few sand flea bites - stay away from seaweed when tide is out as it appears this is their home.
Downtown Nassau is a bit tired and too touristy, Strawmarket definitely overpriced.
RESTAURANTS on resort:
Cassanova - Italian.cosy.tasty
Crystal Room and Baccarat - Dining are touted as high end but they aren't quite up to par. Food is good but not exceptional. Service is hit and miss
Spices-buffet service - great for breakfast or lunch
Gordons on Pier - overrated, food is good but small overdecorated portions - and limited options for vegetarians
PIZZA place good, fresh, nice variety
Thinking of being MARRIED? DO IT HERE!!! They make it easy, taking care of details and all said and done pretty well in line with costs. They make it smooth. Word of warning- photography is pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau