“Great meal - "off resort"”
Review of M'Lords Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal - "off resort"”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We discovered Chef Chea's on the internet and made it the destination for our first night at the Atlantis. We had a wonderful meal. There is something for everyone on the menu. Like many restaurants in Nassau/on Paradise Island, the prices are higher than usual, but boy was it worth it!!! Not to mention, we had enough leftovers to save for lunch the following day. The service was fantastic and also of note are the fresh breads and desserts baked daily, in-house by Chef Chea himself!

• Visited May 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful meal. Highly recommend”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Atlantis. On our first night, we went to Chef Chea's for dinner. The food was very good, as was the service. We had debated whether or not to get the meal plan at the Atlantis but in the end, we decided to venture out on our own. And one of our discoveries was Chef Chea's. We would recommend this place to anyone heading to the Bahamas.

• Visited May 2012
mexico
“Chef Chea saved us from The Reef food”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family and I went to Paradise Island and stayed at The Reef at Atlantis Resort (you can read my review) after a bad experience with the quality of the food at the Atlantis, I was worried because my daughter has very specific dietary needs so I took a cab the next day and ask him for a nice restaurant where we could eat good food. Mr. Tyrone Butler (great transportation service mety927@hotmail.com) took us to this little Bistro owned by Chef Christopher Chea. I was doubtful because it looks rather simple on the outside but when we entered we found a really nice and comfortable place.

The manager received us warmly he is a softspoken really nice person. I explained to him the needs my daughter have and was helpful with everything.

My son and I (we eat everything anywhere) started with bruschetta it was excellent with the right amount of basil and garlic in great crostinis. They gave us a complementary sample of Conch Fritters, my son love those so much that our next two visit we ordered Conch Fritters. (yes out of five nights in Bahamas we dined 3 in Chef Chea´s Bistro)

My favorite dish was the Grouper, if you are going to try this place the Grouper is great.

Service is good, price is about 40-60 per person without alcohol reasonable for Gourmet Food and upscale service.

• Visited April 2012
Toronto
“A little tweaking and they'll be perfect.”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Five of us headed to Chef Chea's for our final dinner in Nassau after spending an incredible week scuba diving in the Exumas. The yacht's captain had recommended the restaurant. This restaurant really, really tries hard to please. The service was attentive at each step of the way, and as they are relatively new (I think), they constantly questioned us for our opinions on the dishes. The wine list was good. The food itself was very well prepared...just could use a slight infusion of creativity and attention to presentation. For example, a standard seafood sauce accompanied the calamari - there are many other options that make this dish special. The bread was outstanding. The veggies, though, seemed a little overcooked and were not plated in an appealing manner. Desserts could use some work. Overall, we loved the staff and service, the food was good, and with a little tweaking, this place could be outstanding.

• Visited March 2012
new jersey
“Lovely atmosphere, excellent food, scrumptious desserts, pleasant service”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We ate at Chef Cheas this past Tuesday. It turns out that this was the first night it was open after a three week vacation so a few dishes were missing from the menu. However, the food and service were very good and the prices reasonable for an upscale Nassau restaurant.

We started with very good home-made focacia bread, tasty shrimp appetizer, conch chowder (cheerfully supplemented by pepper sherry at my husband's request), and pea soup - though we did have to send the soup back to be made hotter. For entrees we had lamb chops, salmon, and chicken with lyonnaise potatoes and other tasty veggies.

We couldn't resist ordering dessert, and we were so glad. Huge portions of chocolate cake and mango cheesecake were both light as a feather but absolutely scrumptious!

Prices were about average for an upsacle Nassau restaurant - about $10 - $15 for appetizers and $30 - $40 for entrees.

The restaurant is not downtown - it is close to the Paradise Island bridge - just behind Lucianos. It's a very quick taxi ride from Atlantis.

We didn't meet Chef Chea, but manager Alan Wallace was very anxious to please and a true gentleman.

I highly recommend this little gem!

• Visited September 2011