Tripadvisor

from $35.90
from $66.67
from $25.65
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me start off by saying that Vincent is an EXCELLENT tour guide. He is patient, kind, has a great sense of humor, and has an in-depth and personal knowledge of Nassau. He pointed out the different kinds of trees and explained how the different parts of them are used for medicinal purposes. He talked about the native people's history and how Nassau has grown and changed. Whenever asked a question, he was always forthright with his answers. His friendliness was genuine and I appreciate that.

We saw parts of Nassau that I knew I wouldn't see on any other touristy excursion. Vincent even found us almond nuts and opened them up for us so we could know what a fresh almond tastes like!

The only drawbacks were I wasn't comfortable riding my bike when were were on busy roads because there wasn't much room between the traffic and the curb. There are a couple of steep hills you have to navigate up. I think if our group didn't include a very athletic couple, we probably would have walked instead of rode our bikes up a few of them. Since I was the slower party out of the 3 in the group, Vincent allowed for that and did everything he could to get me to stop feeling like I was impediment.

This is definitely an experience you should have but you must be physically capable.
If that is a question for you, then you should choose to take the walking tour.

Date of experience: January 2020
dillydallybiketours, Owner at Dilly Dally Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Nancy! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this awesome review. Vincent always aims to give an authentic experience so much so that you walk away with a good understanding of our culture and history.

We appreciate your advice to future travellers in evaluating if the bike vs walking tour is a good fit. We normally walk the up hill portions but it sounds like the couple in your group were quite athletic. Our route of downtown does ride on a busy street for a few very short portions while the majority is on empty side streets. Your safety and comfort is always priority. Thank you for your trust.

We truly do thank you for allowing us to be a part of your vacation memories by sharing this beautiful city with you! We hope that your travels bring you back soon. Take care!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our walking tour led by Terri and Vincent! They were easy to be with, knowledgeable and cared that we would be satisfied. They spent extra time at a couple of stops because of our particular interests! What a delight! We certainly recommend this walking tour!

1  Thank Lammy24
dillydallybiketours, Owner at Dilly Dally Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your tour with Terry and Vincent. They absolutely enjoyed sharing the history and culture of our town with you! We hope your travels bring you back this way soon for more exploring! Best regards!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I highly recommend this walking tour. Because I visited during a slower season, on a slower day, I was lucky enough to have a one-on-one tour with an amazing guide, Vincent. Rather than the stuffy, pre-rehearsed information that I expected during a walking tour, I felt as if I was exploring the city and culture with a great, local friend. Vincent's knowledge base, sense of humor, and responsiveness to my plethora of questions and special requests was truly a wonderful experience, and I can honestly say that this walk through history and culture was the highlight of my stay on the island. The tour sites/stops themselves of course were a wonder, with visits to many local historical and cultural sites that I am confidant I wouldn't have found, nor would I have had any knowledge about, without my wonderful guide. I only wish I had enough time on the island to take a bike tour with this awesome group!

1  Thank stacymA9783EA

Hello Stacy! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and leave this amazing review. We are thrilled to hear that your tour with Vincent was a memorable one and that you enjoyed exploring Downtown Nassau and immersing yourself in the culture and history! It truly is a treasure and I'm sure that Vince was happy to share that with you! The bike tour is waiting for you when you come back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Vincent/Vince is the best tour guide I’ve ever had for a bike tour, and I have been on a handful or two of them! He was very informative, comical, and caring for all members of our tour. He was open to questions from our group, and knew anything and everything we asked.

The stopping points completed the tour of the island to fully indulge in the culture of the island, and we even customized the tour for ourselves. Our favorite stops included the distillery, winery, cigar, and chocolate factory. Be advised, there are a few uphill portions, but nothing too difficult. Bring extra cash not only for Vincent, but for some stops that require a $10 purchase for credit cards. Highly, HIGHLY recommend.

Date of experience: January 2020

Hello Chris! Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent bike tour with Vincent. He really is an outstanding guide. We appreciate that you enjoyed the points of interest that we have carefully curated to tell the story of our heritage and showcase the beauty and culture of Downtown Nassau. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the thoughtful recommendation to future visitors to bring cash as some shops and restaurants do have a minimum credit card purchase. Again we are so delighted that you enjoyed your bike tour and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an excellent walking tour with Terry. She was a great historian and was able to answer all of our questions. She was very friendly and even saw us into a bus at the end, making sure we wouldn’t get lost.

Date of experience: January 2020

Thank you for your taking the time to share your review of our walking tour with Terry as your guide! We are thrilled to hear that you were well taken care of and that your tour was both fun and informative. We love sharing the history and culture of our island home and now that you know how to get around on the bus, we hope you'll come back and find us again!