“Best LOCAL FOOD!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goldie's Conch House Nassau Bahamas

Goldie's Conch House Nassau Bahamas
Ranked #36 of 271 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Bahamian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia SC
“Best LOCAL FOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We love Goldies for local Bahamas foods! You have to have the conch fritters! Just remember you are in the Bahamas and they make the food when you order it.. relax enjoy and homemade drink! I love the Bahama Mama! Chill out and enjoy the Bahamas!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Welcome alternative to cruise fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stumbled across Goldie's after literally running into the spruker on the street outside. Warm greeting, amazing home-made lemonade and my wife and i shared the seafood platter... AMAZING! The sides were just as good as the seafood (we chose rice, slaw and potato salad) and the conch, grouper and shrimp were all soooooo good. Wish it was a local for us. We'd be back (20 kg heavier every week.

• Visited April 2014
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Meh, ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had the Jerk Chicken, wanted the Jerk Pork, but they were out. It was ok, nothing to write home about. We ate, we left. If you happen to be looking for great irk, Shrakies (believe it or not) had the best we tried.

Visited April 2014
Ajax, Canada
“Goldies - would not recommend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went to Goldies on Monday March 31st (late lunch). Had the whole row of places to chose from - but Goldies was recommended by a waiter at our hotel. We should have known to turn around when we walked in and we were the only people there...but we figured that perhaps we had just missed the lunch rush.
I first have to say that the quality of the food was both good and bad - we had conch fritters (pretty much bread with a small piece of dough - tough to chew) and lobster salad (which was quite good - but was $20). Overall, outside of the food, there were many things that totally ruined the experience for us.
1. My lobster salad came out literally 45+ minutes after my husband's conch fritters (we finally told the waitress that if the order didn't come out NOW - to cancel it and just bring us our bill)
2. There was a local there "Joe" who had obviously had too much to drink - he was trying to tell us stories, showing us shark teeth and other stuff and was yelling back and forth with the waitresses and the (I assume) owners of the restaurant...lots of "f-bombs" (and I use the word myself - but not at full volume in a public place where clients are trying to enjoy their lunch).
3. The waitress/owners didn't try to dissuade this guy - they laughed with him and argued with him - told him that he shouldn't be so abrasive around their clients - but then continued to egg him on and laugh with/at him. I would have respected the fact that he might be a paying client - and they didn't have control over him - but they were "participating".

We couldn't get out of there fast enough. I wish we had gone to the place called "Fish Fry" (they had a nice balcony on the second floor) or the place called Twin Brothers (they had lots of people on their patio)

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AjaxTraveller
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Great Bahamian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I am a regular visitor to Nassau, Bahamas. Twice a week in fact. And I have only recently discovered Goldie's. A colleague recommended the grilled snapper. My wife and I had the snapper and BBQ chicken. Both came with a side of fries. Simple, wholesome, Bahamian food. We plan to go again tomorrow to try the various conch offerings.

Goldie's is based in the 'Fish Fry' area of Nassau. It's at the end of Junkanoo Beach which links the main shopping area with Fish Fry. This area is packed with 35+ restaurants, all serving traditional Bahamian food and beers. Goldie's is at the farthest end of Fish Fry. It is also, the best restaurant in Fish Fry.

• Visited March 2014