“Excellent Bahamian Lunch”

Goldie's Conch House Nassau Bahamas
Ranked #45 of 283 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Mechanicsville, Maryland
“Excellent Bahamian Lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stopped at Goldie's Conch House while in port at Nassau and we had an amazing lunch. I had the Cracked Conch platter (fried conch, rice and beans,friend plantains, coleslaw) and my husband had the Grilled Grouper (nice chunk of grouper and white rice). The food was outstanding and so fresh!! The portions were more than enough and everything is prepared fresh so it takes awhile to get but it is worth the wait.

This place is further down the street from the other restaurants so it seems to be less crowded. It has inside and outside seating and we found it (from what we could see) to be clean. There are also pool tables on a back porch and a full bar.

As I said before, service is a bit slow to get your food and our waitress must have been new because she didn't know how to answer our questions and we saw her being trained at the computer but she was very friendly.

I found the prices to be about right for the Bahamas. Everything is expensive. For two entrees and two non-alcoholic drinks, we paid about $50.

We would definitely go back to Goldie's if we are ever back in Nassau.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Duckie226

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Look around for a better option”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went to Goldie's while in Nassau for the day during a cruise. We wanted to experience local food including the infamous conch. We found out from more experienced Nassau travelers (after the fact) that many people/taxi drivers get a commision/favors for recommending Goldie's over other restaurants. Our server was not very friendly, we actually felt like a bother to her. We all three tried the seafood platter and you do get tons of food - one platter could be split easily between 2 or 3 people - but you also pay for it, I think one platter was $35. The shrimp and the fish were delicious! However the conch and the other option (I don't recall, maybe scallops?) were not good and very strongly fish-y tasting. I am an avid seafood lover and was extremely disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
LUVFOOD69, Owner at Goldie's Conch House Nassau Bahamas, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
I am the owner of Goldies Conch House and was not pleased to hear about your bad service and food. My employees are to treat every customer like VIP, I am sorry that is not the case here. If you remember the servers name please let me know. If you are ever back in Nassau please come by for lunch on me I will prepare it myself and I promise it will be the great food your expected!.-Goldie
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You'll Get Roped In!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Goldie himself will rope you into his restaurant from the street so be ready for that. The food was great through and the service was friendly. We got a ton of food for a good price!

Visited February 2013
Virginia
“Goldies is a great choice”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visit Goldies and you won't be dissapointed. The conch salad was great, very neatly chopped and ummm tasty. The fried snapper was only 10 dollars with fries and coleslaw (get the snack portion)

this is a no frills place, fit in with the locals and have a great time.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank cambino123
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Great Fish, Great Service, Good Prices”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate dinner at Goldie's twice last week. We had previously been eating at Twin Brothers' and wanted to try a different place in the Fish Fry. Both of our waitresses were personable and attentive. The dining room was clean and attractive. Everything my husband and I ordered -grouper fingers, snapper, peas and rice, coleslaw, potato salad, and conch fritters - was delicious. Coke is only $1 so I got one to go too.

Visited January 2013