“Excellent restaurant choice in Nassau”
Review of Van Breugel's - CLOSED

Van Breugel's
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A taste of old world Europe in the heart of downtown Nassau. Located in a beautifully restored, historical Bahamian home, Van Breugel's Restaurant & Bar delivers a charming fusion of Euro-Caribbean traditions. Lunch:Mon-Sat 11AM-3PM ~ Dinner:Wed-Sat 6PM-10PM ~ Closed:Sun.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent restaurant choice in Nassau”
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Attended a wedding here in early November. Was very impressed with the food. All the dishes - lamb, chicken, mahi mahi and salmon - were perfectly prepared (it was mostly family, so we sampled each other's dishes). The owner's, Freddy and Tamara, are great hosts and they have wonderful staff. Will definitely stop back in the next time I am in Nassau. Excellent food (far better than any other food I've had on the island).

Toronto, Canada
“couldn't ask for more..”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

if you're looking for a great meal, Van Breugel's is a must! When you ad the location, the charm and character and the awesome staff - it's so much more than just a great meal.

We found the restaurant on our 1st visit to Nassau (hidden 1/2 block north of Bay on Charlotte) and fell in love. We went back on our next trip and just last month had our wedding reception (34 people) there. I can't say enough good things - it was wonderful.

1. the food is incredible. my guests are still raving.
2. the restaurant is so charming - feels comfortable and welcoming.
3. the staff & proprietors ROCK!

Main dining area has seating options both inside & out and the upstairs was PERFECT for our function.

GO check it out - you won't be sorry - the food & the vibe is SOOO much better than any of the hotel restaurants...

1 Thank sukioscar
“it was just okay”
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Lamont our waiter was a super star, fun and energetic and sang happy birthday to me in the most beautiful singing voice. I love the setting in an old bahamian house too.
The menu is so dull and yawn. The food needs to be explained more and made more enticing. You have to pay extra if you want sauce or a side dish! $6 per side dish, this is ridiculous, i am not going to eat a chicken breast or pork chop on its own am i? I asked for medium rare on my steak, and it came out still mooing and was cold in the middle. They did it again but it was still rare and i ended up taking it home and cooking it myself.
On the upside they gave us a discount and also my husbands beef strogannof was good.
They need to shush up the menu, include the rest of the meal in the price and teach the chef on how to cook a steak and id go back for definite!

Toronto, Ontario
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

My husband had fillet mignon and I had bouillabaisse. My husbands steak was cooked to perfection and one of the best pieces of meat he has ever had. I had so much fish in the boullabaisse, big pieces of lobster, shrimps etc it was great. The owner is a great guy who comes over to introduce himself and will make sure that you are pleased with everything. Definitly would go back and I highly recommend it for dinner.

1 Thank famiof4