“Nice food”
Review of Van Breugel's - CLOSED

Van Breugel's
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A taste of old world Europe in the heart of downtown Nassau. Located in a beautifully restored, historical Bahamian home, Van Breugel's Restaurant & Bar delivers a charming fusion of Euro-Caribbean traditions. Lunch:Mon-Sat 11AM-3PM ~ Dinner:Wed-Sat 6PM-10PM ~ Closed:Sun.
Essex
“Nice food”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food, especially the swordfish special. Service in the restaurant was great, in the bar it was a little haphazard. The strange thing about this place is that it doesn't quite seem to know what it wants to be and therefore the menu is a little confused and lacking in appetisers/ starters.

Flemington, NJ
“A Gem in Paradise”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

What a surprise! Not what we were expecting in Nassau but so worth it. Outstanding cuisine and a friendly engaging chef! I've eaten in many fine restaurants, but who would think the best swordfish I've ever had would be in the Bahamas? My wife had perfect wiener schnitzel. And the tuna tartar appy was outstanding. Combined with a nice crisp Sancerre off the wine list and what's not to like. Not local "flavor", but we'd had 4 days of local flavor (seriously - do NOT miss the fish fry) and fine dining was back on the list. This is the real thing.

• Visited November 2013
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“An absolute gem and must do in nassau”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This tucked awat restuarant is a must stop in Nassau. The customer service and food are to die for! I had the conch curry chowder which should not be missed! Such a delightful mix of Asian fusion and Caribbean flair. Also of you like spice the shrimp indeinne should not be missed! Also if you are an Amex card holder one of the few places that actually takes the card. Do not skip this restuarant you will truly miss out on a wonderful dinning experience.

Visited November 2013
Grand Cayman
“Talked up too much and left me disappointed!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Joined my spouse on a business trip and joined his colleagues for a dinner out here one evening.

While the service was very attentive, they dropped the ball on a key component of being a top restauranteur.

After spending a while taking in the menu and deciding on and ordering the Bouillabaisse....the server came back a short time later to tell me that my dish, which was made with lobster, shrimp, mussels and tomato was missing an ingredient...yes, you guessed it - the lobster.

I was offered extra shrimp or beef and since I don't eat beef nor does it belong in Bouillabaisse, I was hesitant but decided on the extra shrimp.

I don't really think there was any extra shrimp by the looks of it and it was one of the most expensive items on the menu, at $42 USD.

Totally disappointing and not really worth it.

Visited October 2013
“Oh man”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My friends took me on a Bachelor's Cruise before my wedding and Nassau was a island we docked at. We didn't really know where to stop at in the city but stumbled onto this place. Wow. If you can, get the grilled swordfish steak. It's legendary! That with the jasmine rice is just ridiculously good and worth every penny.