“Ask for Pepsi!”
Review of Van Breugel's - CLOSED

Van Breugel's
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A taste of old world Europe in the heart of downtown Nassau. Located in a beautifully restored, historical Bahamian home, Van Breugel's Restaurant & Bar delivers a charming fusion of Euro-Caribbean traditions. Lunch:Mon-Sat 11AM-3PM ~ Dinner:Wed-Sat 6PM-10PM ~ Closed:Sun.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My mother and I ate lunch here after hearing such rave reviews about Pepsi, one of the waitresses. She greeted us promptly, and she was extremely friendly. I can't remember having better service in a restaurant.

The food itself was delicious, too! Try the conch chowder and the fruit punch—they're both remarkable. Plus, I had a salmon penne special that was simple and savory.

All in all, if you find yourself in Nassau, pay a visit to Van Breugel's!

There are newer reviews for Van Breugel's

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just had a perfect evening at this beautiful restaurant in downtown Nassau. The building is nicely restored, the food was excellent and the staff made the experience memorable.

I had the seared ahi tuna (rare) and the glaze was really good! Also tasted the steak which was perfectly cooked. Liked the way the side dishes come in separate dishes so you should order a selection.

The bartender, Rashad was the star of the evening for us. After dinner we sat at the bar and he gave us so much attention, mixing drinks with different rums for us to sample...

The owner also joined us for lively conversation and invited us back for Friday happy hour which is popular. There was live music (Saturday) and great old world atmosphere. Loved it and will be back often.

1  Thank Carolyn09
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Was there the first week of May.Best Greek salad I,ve had in a long time and the Tia beek was very good.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Friends of our's told us about this place, would probably never have found it by ourselves since its hidden in one of the alley's but we had a lovely lunch. Food was tasty, very clean, fliendly, prompt service. We will definately return. Very close to the port/cruise terminal, 2min walk.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I must admit, like the other reviewers, the decor and cozy feeling was very inviting and charming, but unfortunately, the food fell short for me. My family and I were doing the obligatory walk around downtown Nassau when we stumbled upon the restaurant. How the dishes are described (including ingredients) on the menu and what appeared on my plate were, to my dismay, not identical. Ingredients that appeal to me like goat cheese and pine nuts in a salad seal the deal, both of which were not included. Although it comes across as gastropub/gourmet, the dishes could really be whipped up by anyone who enjoys to cook. The food by no means was terrible or inedible, but just ok - the bread/butter basket was quite good though.